Solved

Help! How do I get new cards if I've moved house?

• 6 October 2018
  • 8 replies

Ive moved into a new house today been using the old tenants pay as you go card I rang to tell them one now here they've cancelled the cards and I've hardly any gas on its going to run off and there [removed by moderator] to contact them ? What am I supposed to do absolutely nightmare can anybody help
icon

Best answer by Nancy_Boost 10 October 2018, 18:22

*** UPDATE on 05/09/2019 ***

Hi @Chigg25 - do let us know if you managed to get this sorted!

It's best to call us as soon as you get into the new property, so we can set up an account for you. If you have smart meters with PAYG+, you'll need your own online account. So it's best to call ASAP to get this arranged: 0330 102 7517.

More info on what to do when you move into a new property here.
View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
did you manage to sort this?
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
*** UPDATE on 05/09/2019 ***

Hi @Chigg25 - do let us know if you managed to get this sorted!

It's best to call us as soon as you get into the new property, so we can set up an account for you. If you have smart meters with PAYG+, you'll need your own online account. So it's best to call ASAP to get this arranged: 0330 102 7517.

More info on what to do when you move into a new property here.
Do I need to get a new card and device for the meters or can I keep using the ones that were left.
How do I go about getting the meters taken out
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Check out the best answer for more info on this, @Wrightscott.

We won't be able to remove the meters though, but if you've got traditional meters we can upgrade them to smart ones for free!

Eva
Hi i have moved into a new house with my young grandchild and we have no gas or electric i have been told by the seller the house is covered by boost but noone is answering the phones and i cannot topup the meters online! Can anybody help?? I have been on hold again since 9am today and all yesterday too.

Really at a loss of what to do!
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hey @Khussain - Sorry for the delay getting back to you. I've moved your post over here where you should find the info you need.
I moved into a new home and boost power is the provider I got told I need to go to the shop for a new gas card I've tried 22 shops with pay point and no one have any they told me they dont tend to stock them now as more people are online I dont have a smart meter and I have a 21 month old baby and we have been without gas for 5 days now
Userlevel 4
Badge
Sorry to hear about your situation, @Paddyg87!

You'll find the information @Nancy_Boost has mentioned above lets you know the best way to get a new gas card.

Based on what you've said, it may be best to call us immediately if you're off supply so we can get you back on asap. Then, we can get a new gas card sent out to you in the post in the meantime.

Please let me know how you get on,
Bradley