Solved

Why Can't I Switch to Boost with Credit Meters?

• 27 August 2019
  • 1 reply

Title should be:
Currently on PAY Monthly with a different supplier but want to change to boost PAYG+

Hi,

Currently with a different supplier on a pay monthly meter (Just moved house) and would like to move to Boost.

Partner signed up with a supplier when we moved in and started the process with a different supplier (Bulb) but as i wanted to go with Boost (Recommended by a friend)
I got the processed "Cancelled" with bulb a few hours later.

Trying to sign up for boost now the system is saying as I'm a Pay monthly meter customer,
and I am unable to go with Boost? and to either contact customer service or go with OVO
I called up Customer service and after calling up and the operator being quite rude and continuing to tell me to go OVO as I have a monthly payment meter.. i didn't get anywhere..

Is anyone on here able to advise how i go about moving to boost? and get fitted with a PAYG+ meter
I want this sorted asap

Thank you

[Edited post]
icon

Best answer by Bradley_Boost 28 August 2019, 15:48

Hi @James_Peake,

I've slightly changed your topic to make it more accessible for other users to find, who maybe having the same queries.

Unfortunately, Boost can only deal with prepayment meters and take over smart meters we're compatible with.

If you'd like to switch to us, you'll need to get your current supplier to install prepayment meters before Boost can take you over at your address.

Hope this helps,
Bradley
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi @James_Peake,

I've slightly changed your topic to make it more accessible for other users to find, who maybe having the same queries.

Unfortunately, Boost can only deal with prepayment meters and take over smart meters we're compatible with.

If you'd like to switch to us, you'll need to get your current supplier to install prepayment meters before Boost can take you over at your address.

Hope this helps,
Bradley