Solved

Why am I topping up so much now?

• 28 January 2018
  • 35 replies

Userlevel 3

I'm actually fed up of topping up!! When I was with BG, I NEVER topped up so much. I want to leave this supplier

icon

Best answer by mattj3135 28 January 2018, 21:35

Updated 24/09/2020

Hey @Lillie711 thanks for posting.

Check out this topic, which covers what to do if you feel you're paying more than you should.

View original

35 replies

Userlevel 1
I could understand it if I used my washing machine tumble dryer and cooker everyday and as I said nobody was in over the weekend and it still used my credit up when nothing was being used yes I know there is a standing charge but that itself wouldn’t use the bit of credit I had left , I don’t seem to be the only one complaining of topping up a lot
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
@Nanasam53 I appreciate where you're coming from.

Daily standing charge should be coming to around £0.60p per day with our current rates, so this shouldn't be the thing that is using the majority of your credit.

It does sound like this appears to fall down to usage for, either, your gas and electricity. However, without being able to see your account and your usage, it would be difficult for me to be able to give you a direct answer on this.

It may be worth popping our team an email or a contacting us via Facebook here.

Hope this helps.

Yerr your defo not alone in thinking this either..... an believe me it's not down too usage whatsoever. .. I've used nothing different ... now check this out ... this is my usage BEFORE I was credited with my WARM HOME discount ... roughly £2 perday /give or take terr. ... I received my warm home discount £130 credit too my account and look at my usage every day since....IT'S DOUBLED near enough....Now I would like to go on the record and state that these figures are my DAILY USAGE CHARGES.....DAILY!!

Oh and did I also mention THIS IS ELECTRIC ONLY...my gas is with UTILITY still, total separate bill. I contacted support last week because once again I found myself without electricity and no way of topping up AGAIN.... just like I've found myself again today!! I have two children and I myself am disabled....I was told that the systems froze but someone will investigate my history and email me. A details usage breakdown. ... for example when my electric peaks so we can try solve what it literally using £5 A DAY ... but was not eating so much before WARM HOME DISCOUNT was credited... I'M STILL WAITING FOR THAT EMAIL. IN THE MEAN TIME I'M LOSING SUPPLY AGAIN AT 10a.m Nice one BOOST ...PIC below is before and after usage from when rwcieved my warm home discount

Userlevel 3
Badge
Hi @cal1983 ,

You’ve been spending a little more at the moment, however this isn’t unusual. We expect customers usage to increase due to the cold and dark weather, which would mean you’re naturally spending more. Back in September last year it was a lot warmer and customer's won't spend as much as they do in January and February.

You're also on a variable tariff, and would've had a price increase back on the 1st April. Everyone was notified either by email or letter within 30 days to let them know.

We can offer many tips and support around making your home more energy efficient. A lot of customers find this to be really helpful in reducing the cost of energy: https://www.boostpower.co.uk/help/topics/how-to-save-money/how-can-i-save-money-on-my-energy-costs.html.

We also work with a company called Center of Sustainable Energy who can also offer great advice. You can find out more at: https://www.boostpower.co.uk/help/topics/how-to-save-money/how-do-i-get-independent-advice-about-energy.html.

Cheers!

My electricity has increased £60 per month, my im home smart metre is saying we use high electricity when we are sleeping and everything is off and the price varies between 50p and £2.50 daily I spoke to someone at boost and they said it shouldnt change that much daily but ive been asking for a comparison between this year and last year for my electricity they won't send it but sent me one for my gas which has stayed the sam . Ive made 4 complaints but they keep ignoring me anyone else had the same proble . Ive been with boost 5 years always been ok price wise most i paid was £90 in winter using tumble dryer daily so that was fine, was usually between £60 - £70 now I have no tumble dryer or new appliances and its now £146 + now. Boost said they started an investigation a month ago but havent got back to me. Any one else having these problems thanks

I'd swap providers mate. 

I would but as im on a smart metre they wont unless boost switch it back to a normal metre which they are ignoring so im stuck

Userlevel 5
Badge

@Tarny29 and @PayingToMuch, I’ve moved your message here, as there’s a load of useful info in this topic.

The long and short of it is that you typically use roughly 3 times more energy in the winter than you do in the summer.

I’d have a look at the links @Emily_Boost added:

Hi @cal1983 ,

You’ve been spending a little more at the moment, however this isn’t unusual. We expect customers usage to increase due to the cold and dark weather, which would mean you’re naturally spending more. Back in September last year it was a lot warmer and customer's won't spend as much as they do in January and February.

You're also on a variable tariff, and would've had a price increase back on the 1st April. Everyone was notified either by email or letter within 30 days to let them know.

We can offer many tips and support around making your home more energy efficient. A lot of customers find this to be really helpful in reducing the cost of energy: https://www.boostpower.co.uk/help/topics/how-to-save-money/how-can-i-save-money-on-my-energy-costs.html.

We also work with a company called Center of Sustainable Energy who can also offer great advice. You can find out more at: https://www.boostpower.co.uk/help/topics/how-to-save-money/how-do-i-get-independent-advice-about-energy.html.

Cheers!

Last winter I most i spent was £90 and I had tumble dryer on everyday. My tumble dryer has broken and im using £159 this winter. So it has nothing to do with winter at all, im being overcharged and boost keep palming me off

Userlevel 1

The Increase per month seems to be a bit higher than expected, my neighbours have not seen the same increase, granted they are with a different supplier but pay as they go through an app