Solved

Why am I topping up more?

• 20 December 2017
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
I seem to be topping up a lot more but I put it down to the dark nights coming on us and we all have our trees and lights up so that will be using extra electricity and it has been very cold, I was putting in over £100 a month with British Gas so I’m happy with what it is costing me with OVO
icon

Best answer by mattj3135 21 December 2017, 00:47

Hey @Lynne thanks for posting 🙂

Its seems we are both on the same page for our cause of increased top ups recently!

Have you checked out the handy links the wonderful @Tim_Boost has shared details of in this post to help reduce energy use?

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @Lynne thanks for posting 🙂

Its seems we are both on the same page for our cause of increased top ups recently!

Have you checked out the handy links the wonderful @Tim_Boost has shared details of in this post to help reduce energy use?

Userlevel 3
Badge
Everybody tops up more at this time of year, I have been with ovo from the beginning and I recommend them to everyone and my friend has just swapped over the other day,I love having one account and being able to top up anytime online, it’s the best energy company I have ever been with and would never swap, iv never had any issues and I love the way you don’t get disconnected over the weekend, it’s a ❤️ ❤️ Situation haha
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
That's amazing to hear @Lynne I couldn't agree more!

Seasons greetings!
Userlevel 3
Badge
And too you as well @mattj3135 🎊🎄🎄
Userlevel 1
Our payments have risen over the last month or so, we are topping up 10 quid a day. I can appreciate that it's winter and we're using a bit more compared to the summer, but an extra 40 or 50 quid a week is just extortionate...I will be taking this to ofgen and BBC watchdog as something isn't right
Our payments have risen over the last month or so, we are topping up 10 quid a day. I can appreciate that it's winter and we're using a bit more compared to the summer, but an extra 40 or 50 quid a week is just extortionate...I will be taking this to ofgen and BBC watchdog as something isn't right
I put £20 on on wed. Used £5 wed £5 thur and today woke up to “low balance” of £5. So where’s the other fiver gone

be careful because I’ve seen a LOT of posts on social
media saying the same. They’re robbing us

£150 a month I spent in a tiny two up, two down house. Where I never really put the heating on for long. So I am taking this to Ofgem
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi @TheyreRobbingUs

On pay as you go meters, you only pay for exactly what you've used. If there was a negative balance on your account when you made the £20 topup, then some of the payment will have covered this. We'd never charge our customers additionally for no reason.

If you believe some money has gone missing, the team would be happy to run though your deductions with you. Just give us a ring on 0330 102 7517 or message us on Facebook with your account number, full name and DoB.

Cheers
I don’t have Facebook and certainly wouldn’t be discussing my financial business via Facebook! I know how a pay as you go meter works and I’m telling you my credit goes down suspiciously quick. And unless you can provide an itemised bill for every kw I won’t believe otherwise