Question

What is an error code e133 on my gas boiler?

• 24 May 2021
  • 4 replies

I would appriciate any help i can get i have an error code e133 which means no gas supply but i topped up this morning and now i have no heating or hot water even though i have reset my boiler what the heck am i doing wrong i have been in a queue on the phone for over 30 minutes and still cant get through anyone help me please?

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Ahh OK thanks for this update, it’s so tricky to guess what the issue might be from here. Glad it’s sorted though!

I’ve had a look at my favourite search engine and found a suggestion that:

“A Main boiler showing the error code E133 means that the condensate pipe has frozen… this is an issue that can be resolved fairly quickly without the need for an engineer.”

However I’m not an engineer let alone a gas safe engineer.

Watch out for this happening in the winter when it’s cold. 

You’ve mentioned being off supply. Is it worth testing another gas appliance to see if you’re connected, and looking at the gas meter to view the meter balance? 

Yes that is also a good point, when the gas meter is out of credit, following a top up, you may need to reconnect it manually. It’s a safety feature with some smart meters like the Secure Liberty meter, which means that if you topped up via the app away from home, your gas wouldn’t reconnect remotely, potentially resulting in a gas appliance coming on unsupervised. 

Its all sorted now i didnt no i had to actually physically press the button for the emergency credit on the smart meter outside in the rain!!! because i have an in house display which doesnt work might i add! And then when i rang boost my credit from yesterday got put on too which i was told wasnt accepted really not happy with boost anymore so i will be moving to a different company that will actually work better for me and my family!!

Hi tim boost i spoke to someone from boost yesterday and they said i have gas being supplied and i have £5.35 on gas. But the topup i made didnt go through even though i had an email and text saying it did go through. So now im unsure what it is. But how could it be a frozen pipe when all we have had all through may is rain? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @Plbells and thanks for posting. 

I’ve had a look at my favourite search engine and found a suggestion that:

“A Main boiler showing the error code E133 means that the condensate pipe has frozen… this is an issue that can be resolved fairly quickly without the need for an engineer.”

However I’m not an engineer let alone a gas safe engineer. You’ve mentioned being off supply. Is it worth testing another gas appliance to see if you’re connected, and looking at the gas meter to view the meter balance? If you’re sure you’re in credit and on supply, it might be worth looking online for ways to sort that condensate pipe. Apparently it’s something everyone can do themselves, but I wouldn’t want to advise on specifics. 

Let us know the latest if you get a chance!