• 59 replies
Warm Home Discount - your guide
Userlevel 6
Badge +2

The Warm Home Discount guide

Apply for the 2020/2021 Warm Home Discount - here

We’ve made a handy How To guide on the Warm Home Discount, have a read here

You can check on eligibility for the Warm Home Discount here

We made our own excellent FAQ topic, based on questions posted in this community from previous years. Check it out here

Post any questions that you can’t find the answer to in those guides above, in the comments section - we’ll get right on it! 

59 replies

Userlevel 3

After repeatedly telling customers to pre register for months they didn't even bother to send the email.  So all the people who aren't on the forum won't have a clue that applications are open. 

ignore the other posts of mine i managed to apply but like i said the emails never even sent had to come check on here 

Hi everyone, 

Please note we’re now taking applications. 

Get yours in via this link

We’ve made a handy How To guide on the Warm Home Discount, have a read here

You can check on eligibility for the Warm Home Discount here

FYI @Smiter @mrslewis @Hales78 @Beccs38 @Mumoftwo @markt1888 @AztecUK @kellymarie79 @Gaynor1981 @Maddad @Alfiecat12 @A.j.fraser22 @Jimbob40 @Kerand @bambamkam @Tash89 @lofiaa 

why did we never recieve an email and when this link asks for account id we put our account number and it says you dont supply us but you do wth????

yopu opened this by link yet never even sent an email to confirm whats the point of pre registering if no email was sent

also where is account id we put in our account number and it states we dont recieve energy of you wth???

yopu opened this by link yet never even sent an email to confirm whats the point of pre registering if no email was sent

Done but I've noticed it's for one or the other not able to split it.... 

Userlevel 3

Done, thankyou.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi everyone, 

Please note we’re now taking applications. 

Get yours in via this link

We’ve made a handy How To guide on the Warm Home Discount, have a read here

You can check on eligibility for the Warm Home Discount here

FYI @Smiter @mrslewis @Hales78 @Beccs38 @Mumoftwo @markt1888 @AztecUK @kellymarie79 @Gaynor1981 @Maddad @Alfiecat12 @A.j.fraser22 @Jimbob40 @Kerand @bambamkam @Tash89 @lofiaa 

Userlevel 1

Will just have to wait and see, I'm sure it was nearly 2 weeks ago that he said in that week. Pull your finger out boost.

Userlevel 3

"Testing" 🤣🤣 it was because of complications in your last excuse. Make up your mind  

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Thanks so much for posting, sharing your frustrations on this Warm Home Discount application window @Jimbob40 @Mumoftwo @Maddad @Hales78 @lofiaa @AztecUK @Tash89 @bambamkam @Kerand @Smiter @Alfiecat12 @A.j.fraser22  . 

I can completely understand why you’re very keen to get this sorted, especially in light of other suppliers opening their applications windows. 

I’ve confirmed that, based on the successful results of our testing (to make sure the application process works smoothly and easily for you), this will be opening later this week. Make sure to register your interest, and I’m sorry it’s taken longer for us to get this open then other suppliers. 

Userlevel 1

I’ve just received a call back from boosts resolution department even though the call was supposed to be from the complaints department. They are still saying that the home warm discount applications are not open.  where do I get this information so I explain to the silly woman that every other energy supplier has opened up their applications except for boost and she still denies that any company is accepting applications. Having  asked her to put me through to the complaints department she has told me no we are not allowed to they will contact you in five working days And then put the phone down on me very good customer service skills not

Plain rude and ignorant. If one of them would onlybother to read threads such as this. I've just posted screenshot from 5 of the big six suppliers, all clearly accepting applications for WHD. 

Userlevel 3

This was their less than useful twitter response when I pointed out other companies had opened up applications 

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

Their rudeness, ineptitude and ignorance absolutely beggars belief!!

Userlevel 3

@Maddad  The uswitch website. Or i got this from Direct.gov website a few weeks ago.

Userlevel 1

I’ve just received a call back from boosts resolution department even though the call was supposed to be from the complaints department. They are still saying that the home warm discount applications are not open.  where do I get this information so I explain to the silly woman that every other energy supplier has opened up their applications except for boost and she still denies that any company is accepting applications. Having  asked her to put me through to the complaints department she has told me no we are not allowed to they will contact you in five working days And then put the phone down on me very good customer service skills not

Userlevel 1

Have spoken to home warm discount helpline and all they say is you have to contact your supplier nothing they can do and there is no other phone numbers to get in contact it’s down to the individual supplier. Maybe it’s time boost lost customers will decided to go somewhere else

Userlevel 3

Will be calling whd in a min to see what the time limit boost have to open applications by. Will post the answer when I get it.

Userlevel 1

Boost team can we get some answers please as to what is happening.??? 
we’ve all registered an interest via email (me several times) yet still no joy.!

in such unprecedented times many of us rely on this payment to keep our families warm and the stress of not knowing when or IF we will get it is taking its toll.…

Userlevel 1

I have already spoken to Ofgem they will not get involved and tell you Have put an official complaint in with boost and they have rejected your complaint until then Ofgem notallowed to get involved. I spoke to boost on Friday morning to put in a complaint I’m still waiting for the complaints department/resolution to contact me was told 24 hours so should get a phone call today