Tutorial

Warm Home Discount - your guide

Warm Home Discount - your guide
Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Updated on 21/09/2021 by Tim_Boost: The Warm Home Discount window for 2021/2022 is now open.

For more information on the Warm Home Discount, including how to apply, click here.

To apply for the Warm Home Discount, click here. You’ll need your account number which can be found on a letter or email from Boost. 

The Warm Home Discount guide

Apply for the 2021/2022 Warm Home Discount - here

We’ve made a handy How To guide on the Warm Home Discount, have a read here

You can check on eligibility for the Warm Home Discount here

We made our own excellent FAQ topic, based on questions posted in this community from previous years. Check it out here

Post any questions that you can’t find the answer to in those guides above, in the comments section - we’ll get right on it! 

170 replies

Userlevel 1

@Marymoo2510 I’ve moved your query here as there’s lots of great information about that. You may wish to contact the team over on Facebook to chase up the payment here- https://www.facebook.com/boostpoweruk/. We aim to make all payments by 31st March. 

Received a letter to say my home warm dis count is ready,I've topped up on more than 5 occasions different days and the same pay point and I'm yet still waiting to receive it? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

You won’t, @Dipply75, any credit remaining will be refunded by cheque, this will be issued after you’ve had your final statement, normally within 6 weeks of your switch. 

You’ll find lots of handy info on why you seem to be topping up ore here.

Thanks! 

My bills have rocketed under Boost since January, I finally got the warm home discount credit applied but will I lose that credit if I now switch??

Userlevel 2

And just for the record the temp here in scotland in the past wk have been between -3 and -10 not that boost care

It's ridiculous. It's not as cold here but my house is riddled with drafts and I have young children. They just don't care. I had 3 people tell me it would be put on my meter and January 6th. To then be told that they can't give me an exact date that's why it hasn't been applied. I'm already getting quotes from other suppliers. 

And just for the record the temp here in scotland in the past wk have been between -3 and -10 not that boost care

So boost have 1 week to put my whd on. If it's not on by the date I got on the letter I will be reporting to. This is ridiculous. This whole thing has been a mess since the start! Absolutely ridiculous!

I was told by there fb page they cant add before the date because theres alot of legal processes they have to go through.but they could add extra credit but because i have £2.80 left on metre i have to wait till it goes to zero nd contact them.my electricity will be of by then as i only have home broadband its beyond a joke

Userlevel 2

So boost have 1 week to put my whd on. If it's not on by the date I got on the letter I will be reporting to. This is ridiculous. This whole thing has been a mess since the start! Absolutely ridiculous!

The support link you sent says england im in scotland so doe not apply

So sorry, @Weeshaz67 - the Citizens Advice can find the right resources and support for your region. Visit their page here

Not great to hear about that delay, @A.j.fraser22 - I know it’s been a long time but it’s worth pointing out that the actual deadline for payments is end of March, and the validation process is required by at least 5% of applicants. 

Not that part that's the problem. Its the lying. And bring told so many stories by so many other people

Tim boost you lot need shut down bad enough to be unluck and have to go through validation which i have and been acsepted for whd without t he rubbish you keep spouting and trying to make excuses instead of owning boosts mistakes shove your whd where ever u want im done with boost i promise this i will let anyone thats thinking of joining to AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Userlevel 2

So sorry, @Weeshaz67 - the Citizens Advice can find the right resources and support for your region. Visit their page here

Not great to hear about that delay, @A.j.fraser22 - I know it’s been a long time but it’s worth pointing out that the actual deadline for payments is end of March, and the validation process is required by at least 5% of applicants. 

Not that part that's the problem. Its the lying. And bring told so many stories by so many other people

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

So sorry, @Weeshaz67 - the Citizens Advice can find the right resources and support for your region. Visit their page here

Not great to hear about that delay, @A.j.fraser22 - I know it’s been a long time but it’s worth pointing out that the actual deadline for payments is end of March, and the validation process is required by at least 5% of applicants. 

Userlevel 2

So I applied the day it was put on here. Went threw validation. Got told it would be applied yesterday, now they saying I have to wait 4 weeks they tried to pass the buck on the dwp and told me to call them this is ridiculous!!!

@Weeshaz67 please make sure to reach out to our Support team, so some support credit can be added to your meters, keeping you on supply: 0330 102 751.

This support page may also be worth a look - here

Take care,

Tim

Tried phoning the number its dead

@Weeshaz67 please make sure to reach out to our Support team, so some support credit can be added to your meters, keeping you on supply: 0330 102 751.

Take care,

Tim

Tried phoning the number its dead

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Take care,

Tim

Got mine today finally thank you 😊

Im still waiting im on emergency and no money to top up so from tuesday my electric will disconnect no lights heating or able to make something to eat dont think they care

Userlevel 2

Got mine today finally thank you 😊

Userlevel 2

Anyone still waiting on there WHD?

Yep still waiting just keep getting fobbed off in emails different story every time just a mess about this year 

Userlevel 2

Im still waiting for mine to be added to my meter been told DWP have paid it its on my account so why is taking u so long to add it to my meter my house is freezing I've had it well before now every year this year has just been a mess about getting told different things every time i email its been over 2 months since i applied and got accepted and been added to my account so can u pleaee add it to my meter so we can get warm 

Anyone still waiting on there WHD?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

If you need support credit, @Weeshaz67, please give the team a call, they’re in the best position to offer help. There is currently no call wait time. Our Customer Care number is: 0330 102 7517 - they're available Monday-Friday 8am-6pm and Saturday 9am-5pm. 

Thanks! 

Sorry about the delayed reply, @Weeshaz67, we’re really busy at the moment. All successful applications are paid within 6 weeks, this is the timeframe, but it can be paid as late as the following March. More info here

Thanks! 

I cant top up dwp stopped my benefits 16th november so i have no money what a lovely xmas thanks because i wont have heating or lights or presents thanks for nothing

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Sorry about the delayed reply, @Weeshaz67, we’re really busy at the moment. All successful applications are paid within 6 weeks, this is the timeframe, but it can be paid as late as the following March. More info here

Thanks! 

Whats wrong with you people cant you reply to customers questions this company is a joke and need investigated because you are very unproffesional im leaving this toxic company

Got my letter from boost today confirming they got validation back from DWP and im eligible for WHD and will be added to my metre by 8/1/2021 are you having a laugh why not right away??