Warm Home Discount - your guide

Warm Home Discount - your guide
Userlevel 6
Badge +2

The Warm Home Discount guide

Apply for the 2020/2021 Warm Home Discount - here

We’ve made a handy How To guide on the Warm Home Discount, have a read here

You can check on eligibility for the Warm Home Discount here

We made our own excellent FAQ topic, based on questions posted in this community from previous years. Check it out here

Post any questions that you can’t find the answer to in those guides above, in the comments section - we’ll get right on it! 

137 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi when does the hwd Application open please 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

HI @Beccs38 

Very soon, but I can’t identify a confirmed date yet. Sorry to say. Should be by this time next week though...

Userlevel 1

That's great thank you can u let me know when its open plz 

Userlevel 1

Hi if I Get it this year again can I request it goes on my gas meter.? As now we’re changing over to smart PAYG+ I see the topping up is seperate for gas & electricity . 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

You can get an email once it’s open, by filling out this form @Beccs38 

Hi if I Get it this year again can I request it goes on my gas meter.? As now we’re changing over to smart PAYG+ I see the topping up is seperate for gas & electricity . 

I am confident this will be an option when applying. Look for the option to specify on the application form :blush:

Userlevel 1

Is the application available yet plz

Userlevel 4

Why are boost always last to open applications?  The scheme opened on the 12th oct. All other companies have started taking applications.  Why are boost so slow? 

Userlevel 1

Why are boost always last to open applications?  The scheme opened on the 12th oct. All other companies have started taking applications.  Why are boost so slow? 

Exactly!! We should be able to apply now, can’t understand why this doesn’t seem to be a priority!! 

Userlevel 1

HI @Beccs38 

Very soon, but I can’t identify a confirmed date yet. Sorry to say. Should be by this time next week though...

Applications should have opened on the 12th October!

Userlevel 1

You can get an email once it’s open, by filling out this form @Beccs38 

I am confident this will be an option when applying. Look for the option to specify on the application form :blush:

I hope so as I read that it will be added to electricity meters 

A week ago you said the WHD application will be open this time next week.well it is now this time next week and still nothing.why???

Userlevel 1

Can someone please will me when is the WHD applications opening

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @kellymarie79 @Mumoftwo @Beccs38 @markt1888 @Gaynor1981 and thanks for posting in our online community!

I can understand that it’s very important to you to get this application in ASAP. I know our Warm Home Discount team are working to sort out the complications ASAP. 

They gave me a time frame of this week. So it might be today, it might be tomorrow, please register your interest or keep on checking our guide

Userlevel 4

I've registered my interest. Will you update the page that currently says to register your interest to an apply here button? I keep refreshing the same page and I'm worried i should be looking for a different page.

Userlevel 4

@Beccs38 @kellymarie79 @Gaynor1981 @markt1888 @Hales78

If I notice applications are open ill be sure to post a msg and tag you guys. Hopefully won't be too much longer now.  🤞

Userlevel 4
Badge

Fingers crossed its soon

Userlevel 5
Badge

Fingers crossed its soon

Especially as it's a first come first served. 

Userlevel 1

I have filled in the interested form showing my intrest in applying for the warm home discount 2020/2021 .I have had no email to say applicant's can apply and fill in the form (I am in the boarders group not core group) I have phone boost today was cut off twice then pressed 1 for boost to phone me back which didnt happen either!!!Finally this afternoon I managed to speak to someone but basically haven't got any further ! The lady said she could fill the form in with me but it was the same form I have already filled in to show I was interested? .Online it states boost is now open 12 oct 2020  to apply for warm home discount 2020/2021 but there isn't a proper application form and the lady I spoke to today on the phone from boost  said she could tell me because she didnt know anything  ????

Userlevel 4

@Tim_Boost is there any update? We've been told applications will open this time next week (last week), then yesterday or today.  None of this was true. What  is the actual reason boost is being so slow to open applications? Can you be transparent with your customers please. 

Userlevel 1

Phone boost customer services up was told oh you’ll get a phone call within five working days.  phone them back on the seventh working day was told We have filled the forms in for you for the home warm discount. what a total load of bullshit from Boost customer services. 

Userlevel 1

This is getting ridiculous. Do you think they understand that those who are entitled to it actually depend on it. Especially as it's now getting much colder. 

Still nothing.other companies have done theres weeks ago.boost seem to have an agenda all their own.how about a coherent answer.

Userlevel 4

I have filled in the interested form showing my intrest in applying for the warm home discount 2020/2021 .I have had no email to say applicant's can apply and fill in the form (I am in the boarders group not core group) I have phone boost today was cut off twice then pressed 1 for boost to phone me back which didnt happen either!!!Finally this afternoon I managed to speak to someone but basically haven't got any further ! The lady said she could fill the form in with me but it was the same form I have already filled in to show I was interested? .Online it states boost is now open 12 oct 2020  to apply for warm home discount 2020/2021 but there isn't a proper application form and the lady I spoke to today on the phone from boost  said she could tell me because she didnt know anything  ????

When I contacted them they weren't even aware what date the applications opened.  This company is a joke. 

Userlevel 1

As much as I hate to say it, maybe a complaint to OFGEM is needed??

Im sure that as a nominated provider of WHD, there must be certain criteria to be met, obligations to be fulfilled, to be allowed to continue to be part of the scheme. 

They are 11 days past the scheme going live nationally, customer service reps are ill-informed at best and expectations are being created by the company and then not met!!

Its sad that the company are behaving so poorly, up until now, I have had nothing but praise and good things to say about Boost. 

Shame. 

When are applications for the 2020/21 warm home discount opening?