Tutorial

Warm Home Discount - your guide

Warm Home Discount - your guide

Show first post

166 replies

Ihavnt heard a thing and im really stuggling waiting on validation from dwp found outtoday my pip has stopped and my daughtr is my full time carer h er carers allowance stopped i am now down £140 a week god knows ho im going to survive

Userlevel 1

I had mine applied today also supposed to have been split but it's gone on the gas only

Userlevel 4

Thank you Boost!

Checked my IHD and got my £140 WHD applied to my meter. This is for Electric as we don't have gas here!

Happy bunny here!

Anyone from boost please answer me im in a blind panic need this whd nowmore than ever as im now £140 worse of because dwp

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thank you Boost!

Checked my IHD and got my £140 WHD applied to my meter. This is for Electric as we don't have gas here!

Happy bunny here!

mine was last night, earliest one so far!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Ihavnt heard a thing and im really stuggling waiting on validation from dwp found outtoday my pip has stopped and my daughtr is my full time carer h er carers allowance stopped i am now down £140 a week god knows ho im going to survive

Appeal appeal appeal is what i will say!

I have to go for manditory reconsideration first if they wont overturn decission i thn have to appeal the reconsideration taks up to 4wks god know howlong the appeal will take so nothing to january so cant afford to eat or stay warm

Userlevel 4

mine was last night, earliest one so far!

@mrslewis mine was dated 26th so guess mine was put on similar time only noticed today also had email to confirm.

Userlevel 2

was applied for us today although its been put on electric instead of split  

Userlevel 5
Badge

I had mine applied today also supposed to have been split but it's gone on the gas only

They don't split. You choose one or other on application. 

Userlevel 1

i had an email last night saying its been applied, but its not on my meter?

Still response boost loving the concern

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @Weeshaz67 and thanks for posting. 

It sounds like your application has been included in the ‘validation’ pot, where something like 10% of applicants get asked for supporting documents to prove edibility. This happens every year, it’s required as part of the scheme, and is randomly selected.

Sorry to hear of the impact this might have whilst this process is completed. Please consider contacting Citizens Advice​​​​​​ for support and advice on this. They’re a lovely bunch and especially trained for this..

Userlevel 2

call them they split ours 

Userlevel 2

I am being told so many different things. It went threw validation. So I was told 2 weeks ago on FB and on The phone that it had been validated and will be in by Christmas. I wake up this morning to an email saying it will be done by the 19 of January! Are you trying to be funny! I applied as soon as you put the application up on here. Now it's going to be a cold Christmas because the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing and we are the ones to deal with the circumstances!

Userlevel 2

I was told i would recieve WHD by the beginning of December by email but now they are saying they arnt receiving money from DWP so no date so dont go on given payment days as misleading.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @Fionas check out my latest reply here: 

I am being told so many different things. It went threw validation. So I was told 2 weeks ago on FB and on The phone that it had been validated and will be in by Christmas. I wake up this morning to an email saying it will be done by the 19 of January! Are you trying to be funny! I applied as soon as you put the application up on here. Now it's going to be a cold Christmas because the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing and we are the ones to deal with the circumstances!

I havnt heard a thing back tim boosts reply to my queerie try citizens advice

Userlevel 1

I had an email stating I would recieve my whd by the 10.12.20. I have still not received this. Is anyone else having the same problem or have you recieved yours?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @Whitcakes, it’s odd to hear this payment hasn’t been sent yet - I’ve been told by the Warm Home Discount team that they don’t think they’ve missed one yet. 

I’ve flagged your account to them for this to be checked. 

Tim

Got my letter from boost today confirming they got validation back from DWP and im eligible for WHD and will be added to my metre by 8/1/2021 are you having a laugh why not right away??

Whats wrong with you people cant you reply to customers questions this company is a joke and need investigated because you are very unproffesional im leaving this toxic company

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Sorry about the delayed reply, @Weeshaz67, we’re really busy at the moment. All successful applications are paid within 6 weeks, this is the timeframe, but it can be paid as late as the following March. More info here

Thanks! 

Sorry about the delayed reply, @Weeshaz67, we’re really busy at the moment. All successful applications are paid within 6 weeks, this is the timeframe, but it can be paid as late as the following March. More info here

Thanks! 

I cant top up dwp stopped my benefits 16th november so i have no money what a lovely xmas thanks because i wont have heating or lights or presents thanks for nothing

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

If you need support credit, @Weeshaz67, please give the team a call, they’re in the best position to offer help. There is currently no call wait time. Our Customer Care number is: 0330 102 7517 - they're available Monday-Friday 8am-6pm and Saturday 9am-5pm. 

Thanks!