Tutorial

Warm Home Discount - your guide

Warm Home Discount - your guide

Show first post

137 replies

Userlevel 4

@Smiter I had a feeling that they wouldn't send emails. They have definitely gotten a lot worse in the last few years. They used to be great at customer service, I couldn't fault them but now they seem to not care at all and are making life a lot  harder for customers, especially with the payg+ switch over. Im thinking of switching over to bulb in the new year. 

Userlevel 1

Mrslewis

​​​​​I have been with boost for over 5 years and I have had the WHD for the past three years I just don't get how other people are being accepted straight away unless they are in the core group etc all I had was we have your application so your all done for now and you should here within 3 to 5 working days

Userlevel 5
Badge

Yes that's what I got. 

Userlevel 1

Smiter

It's so frustrating i had to send mine three times the first one crashed on me then I sent another one and put the wrong email address on there so I had to send another one 🤦🤦

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @Smiter @Mumoftwo @bambamkam 

I know that the email to advise that the registration window is open isn’t sent to everyone straight away, I think it’s in an attempt to prevent a bottleneck of traffic to the site, leading to performance issues. The quota of applications we need to pay should ensure a few days of staggered emails is OK to ensure no one applying a few days later is missing out.

If you’ve applied, you also won’t be sent an email notification….

Really good to see you all helping each other out with how to apply, I know it’s been a hectic few months at Boost, but if we can use a community space like this to help each other, it’s a win for everyone!

Good luck with everyone’s applications. Some advice on this topic about that error message saying we don’t supply you. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Credit where credits due,i’ll be a lot warmer this christmas now that i’ve been awarded this years warm home discount.

Good luck everyone...

Thanks Boost

Userlevel 5
Badge

Wow you been confirmed already I'm impressed. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Smiter

It's so frustrating i had to send mine three times the first one crashed on me then I sent another one and put the wrong email address on there so I had to send another one 🤦🤦

Nightmare, hope it's all sorted now.) 

Userlevel 1

Not paid no. I applied via the link that was posted on here on Tuesday and on Wednesday I received an acceptance email, stating the credit would be applied by 09/12/20.

Userlevel 1

Hi

I am having  an issue with WHD my application is saying I dont have electricity account.. I have not changed suppliers or address? Recieved discount last year no problem so cant understand what is wrong? Any help greatly appreciated 

Userlevel 4

Hi

I am having the an issue with WHD my application is saying I dont have electricity account.. I have not changed suppliers or address? Recieved discount last year no problem so cant understand what is wrong? Any help greatly appreciated 

Some other ppl had this problem. I think they posted some solutions earlier in the thread. 

Userlevel 2

Hi

I am having  an issue with WHD my application is saying I dont have electricity account.. I have not changed suppliers or address? Recieved discount last year no problem so cant understand what is wrong? Any help greatly appreciated 

put your space in the postcode not all in one if that fails it could be last 4 digits of the account number instead of what its asking 

Userlevel 1

Thanks for advice but I called and Boost are having to do it manually as there is an error on my account.Should get call back tomorrow or Wednesday to complete it🤞

Userlevel 1

Hi guys I filled out my application for online last Thursday 29th October does anyone know how long it takes to get an email back saying if you have been accepted I haven't had anything back yet 

Userlevel 4

Hi guys I filled out my application for online last Thursday 29th October does anyone know how long it takes to get an email back saying if you have been accepted I haven't had anything back yet 

I got mine back within a few hours. They may just be  busy working through everyone. Did you get an email to say they recieved your application? 

Userlevel 1

Yes I got a message saying your all done for now we have your application I'm not sure if it can take up to 5 to 7 days for an email saying if you have been accepted but I had a message saying we have your application 

Userlevel 4

It says 5working days on my email. If you've not heard anything by thurs I'd give them a ring just to see where you stand.  Good luck with it. 

Userlevel 1

Ok it was when I got to the end of the application and pressed submit was when it said your all done for now we have your application

Userlevel 1

Just gave boost a call and they have confirmed my application has been approved just waiting for payment to go on which they said will be credited to my account within 6 weeks 😊😊😊

Userlevel 2

Hi @Smiter @Mumoftwo @bambamkam 

I know that the email to advise that the registration window is open isn’t sent to everyone straight away, I think it’s in an attempt to prevent a bottleneck of traffic to the site, leading to performance issues. The quota of applications we need to pay should ensure a few days of staggered emails is OK to ensure no one applying a few days later is missing out.

If you’ve applied, you also won’t be sent an email notification….

Really good to see you all helping each other out with how to apply, I know it’s been a hectic few months at Boost, but if we can use a community space like this to help each other, it’s a win for everyone!

Good luck with everyone’s applications. Some advice on this topic about that error message saying we don’t supply you. 

i filled ours out on the link provided by you when the scheme went live was accepted and approved witihn a few hours then yesterday we got the email from pre registering lol so people do still get the email notifications its open sent

Userlevel 1

Ive applied and been accepted when does the payment get credited plz to my gas meter 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Nice one, @Beccs38!

As outlined in this WHD FAQ:

When will I receive the payment?

The aim is to make payments within 6 weeks from when a customer has been accepted for the payment. In recent years our final payment date has been the 31st March. 

Userlevel 1

What do u mean open up applications they already are open I've applied n been accepted

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Sorry @Beccs38 that was a quote from the FAQ page, made before the application window was open. 

It wasn’t very clear for me to leave that bit in, so I’ve deleted it now! :blush:

I applied the day applications opened,I still have had no email to say I've been accepted,quite worrying as other people have been accepted quite quickly