Tutorial

Warm Home Discount - your guide

Warm Home Discount - your guide

Show first post

137 replies

Userlevel 2

what complications the scheme opened on the 12th of october yet here we are over 2 weeks late was told it was open ing last week by twitter team but yet another lie

Userlevel 3

I am waiting too!!!

Userlevel 1

I have registered my interest about 8 times as that is all I get told to do everytime I speak to customer service adviser 

Userlevel 1

0800 731 0214- 

Appears to be the phone number for the WHD. 

Perhaps if enough of us called to complain, they may give Boost a much needed kick up the arse

The number of unanswered posts on this thread alone speaks volumes about how high up the list on Boosts priorities this subject is.

For perspective, last year, I had already received my acceptance email for WHD by 18/10. Now here we are on the 25/10/20 and no sign of the scheme even being opened for application.

Escalation directly to WHD and OFGEM sadly appears to be the only way forward. 

Userlevel 4

0800 731 0214- 

Perhaps if enough of us called to complain, they may give Boost a much needed kick up the arse

The number of unanswered posts on this thread alone speaks volumes about how high up the list on Boosts priorities this subject is.

For perspective, last year, I had already received my acceptance email for WHD by 18/10. Now here we are on the 25/10/20 and no sign of the scheme even being opened for application.

Thankyou will be calling first thing tomorrow. 

Userlevel 1

0800 731 0214- 

Thankyou will be calling first thing tomorrow. No probs. I will be doing the same. Upon further investigation, it appears the number maybe for the "core group" only, however, they should be able to advise further. Best of luck, I'll be sure to post any worthwhile info here. Hopefully, in the meantime, Boost may have awoken from their weekend off, read how distressed their paying customers are, and actually fulfill the expectations that they created. 

It is amazing you have skills to do it. And the result id above all expectations. 

Userlevel 1

I have a feeling they’re waiting for the change over to PAYG Smart Before they start Warm home discount applications. Let’s see how many of us lose out on it this year because of this

Userlevel 1

I have a feeling they’re waiting for the change over to PAYG Smart Before they start Warm home discount applications. Let’s see how many of us lose out on it this year because of this

I completely agree. That's certainly seemed to be taking priority over all other matters. From what I can gather, all Utilities company's with +250k customers, are compelled to provide WHD, so I shall certainly be calling WHD on 0800 731 0214 today to try and get some guidance on how to press the matter with Boost. Failing that, OFGEM, will be next on the list. 

Userlevel 1

I have already spoken to Ofgem they will not get involved and tell you Have put an official complaint in with boost and they have rejected your complaint until then Ofgem notallowed to get involved. I spoke to boost on Friday morning to put in a complaint I’m still waiting for the complaints department/resolution to contact me was told 24 hours so should get a phone call today

Userlevel 1

Boost team can we get some answers please as to what is happening.??? 
we’ve all registered an interest via email (me several times) yet still no joy.!

in such unprecedented times many of us rely on this payment to keep our families warm and the stress of not knowing when or IF we will get it is taking its toll.…

Userlevel 4

Will be calling whd in a min to see what the time limit boost have to open applications by. Will post the answer when I get it.

Userlevel 1

Have spoken to home warm discount helpline and all they say is you have to contact your supplier nothing they can do and there is no other phone numbers to get in contact it’s down to the individual supplier. Maybe it’s time boost lost customers will decided to go somewhere else

Userlevel 1

I’ve just received a call back from boosts resolution department even though the call was supposed to be from the complaints department. They are still saying that the home warm discount applications are not open.  where do I get this information so I explain to the silly woman that every other energy supplier has opened up their applications except for boost and she still denies that any company is accepting applications. Having  asked her to put me through to the complaints department she has told me no we are not allowed to they will contact you in five working days And then put the phone down on me very good customer service skills not

Userlevel 4

@Maddad  The uswitch website. Or i got this from Direct.gov website a few weeks ago.

Userlevel 1

Their rudeness, ineptitude and ignorance absolutely beggars belief!!

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 4

This was their less than useful twitter response when I pointed out other companies had opened up applications 

Userlevel 1

I’ve just received a call back from boosts resolution department even though the call was supposed to be from the complaints department. They are still saying that the home warm discount applications are not open.  where do I get this information so I explain to the silly woman that every other energy supplier has opened up their applications except for boost and she still denies that any company is accepting applications. Having  asked her to put me through to the complaints department she has told me no we are not allowed to they will contact you in five working days And then put the phone down on me very good customer service skills not

Plain rude and ignorant. If one of them would onlybother to read threads such as this. I've just posted screenshot from 5 of the big six suppliers, all clearly accepting applications for WHD. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Thanks so much for posting, sharing your frustrations on this Warm Home Discount application window @Jimbob40 @Mumoftwo @Maddad @Hales78 @lofiaa @AztecUK @Tash89 @bambamkam @Kerand @Smiter @Alfiecat12 @A.j.fraser22  . 

I can completely understand why you’re very keen to get this sorted, especially in light of other suppliers opening their applications windows. 

I’ve confirmed that, based on the successful results of our testing (to make sure the application process works smoothly and easily for you), this will be opening later this week. Make sure to register your interest, and I’m sorry it’s taken longer for us to get this open then other suppliers. 

Userlevel 4

"Testing" 🤣🤣 it was because of complications in your last excuse. Make up your mind