Warm Home Discount 2018 - getting ready to apply

• 5 September 2018
  • 38 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1
*UPDATE* - the Warm Home Discount 2018 - 2019 is now closed. Information about this year’s applications here.

It’s that time of year again - the weather is starting to get colder and it’s almost time to apply for this winter’s Warm Home Discount.

The Warm Home Discount is a one-off payment of £140 (including VAT) to go towards your winter energy costs.

We’re not quite ready to open applications yet, but we’ve set up an email alert for when we do. You need to register for this notification and can do so here.

If you’re not sure if you can apply, you can check if you’re eligible here.

Please be aware that unless you receive the Guaranteed element of Pension Credit (Guaranteed Pension Credit), you will need to apply again every year, even if you received the Warm Home Discount last year.

If you receive the Guaranteed element of Pension Credit, you are classed as a ‘Core Group’ customer and are guaranteed the payment every year without application to the scheme. Please look out for a letter from the DWP around October that confirms your eligibility. If you do not receive this letter from DWP by November, please call 0800 917 1003 to confirm your eligibility with DWP. If you do not contact by 28/02/2019, you will not be able to claim Warm Home Discount.

This topic has been closed for comments

38 replies

Userlevel 1
2018/19 warm discount other supply are accepting when will yours b open
Hi
How do I know if I am ready subscribed to warm home discount or how to apply???
Many Thanks
Will I get warm discount
Userlevel 1
hi other suppliers have started 2018/19 when is boost due to start when can we apply
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
if you've preregistered your interest through the above link, you'll receive an email as soon as the application window opens with boost.

once you receive the email you'll then be able to apply. alternatively keep an eye out here for the update
Userlevel 2
do you have a rough date the applications will open?
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
do you have a rough date the applications will open?

Should be the second or third week of October @amanda 1976 - register your interest and you'll get an email straight away!
Userlevel 1
Badge
Does anybody have any information about the warm home Discount for this year it is very late compared with most years normally the application stage is open by noo
When can i apply for the warm front discount?
HI when will boost be taking applications??
Userlevel 1
Hi any dates for applications being open yet????
Userlevel 1
Every year is the same with (ovo)boost other suppliers are taking applications but not this lot you register for a remind email but get none
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
I moved your query over here, @Jennie46. Check out this topic for all of the information you'll need.

Eva
Userlevel 1
2nd week of october stiill nothing why is this a con?
Userlevel 2
2nd week of october stiill nothing why is this a con?

lol it isnt a con,they are just behind all the other providers when it comes to opening applications for this.
Userlevel 1
Badge
I have asked this question before but haven't had any really clear answers , Is anybody aware when the applications are going to actually open please it's just it has normally started buy now I'm just concerned because the later it opens its going to take longer for them to process it would be nice to have for the winter instead of after ie Early Spring , also other companies have already started taking applications and in some cases have already started to prepare issuing payment in the next 6 weeks apparently many thanks Jen 
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
I've moved your query here, @Jennie46, as we already had a topic on this.

We haven't confirmed a date for when the applications will open, rest assured this should be soon.

To receive an email when the application opens, you'll just need to pre-register your interest. All the information you need to do this is in this topic.

Eva
Hi I've moved over from pay as you go + to pay as you go traditional will I still have the same account number? Just want to check as I need the account number to pre register.
You should still have the same account number @Sdd - but I'd be happy to double check this. Just send me a PM with your full name, full address and DoB. ^Emily
It's OK I've had a letter that has my account number on it is the same. The warm home discount application is now open which is does not state on here and I've had no email which is very annoying
Glad to hear you've got your account number @Sdd

These emails are being sent to customers in batches across the week - providing they've preregistered their interest for the scheme. We'll be updating our Forum shortly, with more information on what customers can expect next.

Hope this helps,
Emily
Userlevel 2
so if the warm home discount is open why can we not apply?
Userlevel 3
so if the warm home discount is open why can we not apply?
Yoh can I just did I googled warm home discount boost energy and found the application
Userlevel 1
I managed to apply
Hi,

I am trying to apply for the warm home discount but the form keeps telling me that my account number is invalid, can you provide any help?

Thanks