Warm Home Discount 2018 application window now open!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

*UPDATE* - the Warm Home Discount 2018 - 2019 is now closed. Information about this year’s applications here.

You’re now able to apply for this winter’s Warm Home Discount, if you don’t qualify to receive it automatically. We’ve recapped on how it works below:

Core Group: if you receive the Guaranteed element of Pension Credit, you don’t need to apply! You’ll be paid the discount from whoever your supplier was on the 8th July 2018. The Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) will get in touch to confirm this. You can call them if you haven’t had a letter from them by the end of November: 0800 917 1003.

Broader Group: if you don’t receive the Guaranteed element of Pension Credit, you can apply to get the payment here. Info on eligibility is on that page, on the application form itself, and from the Citizens Advice

Make sure to look out for a confirmation email after you’ve applied. No email, you haven’t applied correctly, so make sure to do it again (don’t worry if you need to apply more than once due to an error, this won’t affect your application). We’ll then let you know if the application’s been approved within 5 working days. If you haven’t heard within 5 working days, then you can apply again or pop our Customer Care team a call to chase up the application process. Please note that eligible applicants are approved on a first come first served basis, so don’t delay!

**Update on 15/07/2019**

Here's a link for this years pre-registration form and further details:

This topic has been closed for comments

215 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi @keeamy - the payment will be made within 6 weeks of receiving your confirmation letter/email.
Userlevel 4
Badge
Think a complaint is in order for those who have been successful then told otherwise!
Bang out of order
Hhomework should be done before dishing out emails telling people they have been successful
Userlevel 3
When do the payments start rolling out
Userlevel 3

I think a lot of people on here are getting confused between applying and being accepted onto the whd scheme. i applied on the 17th oct and received an email 2 days later telling me my application had been received, not accepted on to the scheme, just received. Then on 9th Nov i got a letter through the door stating i was accepted onto the whd scheme and that my payment would be applied to my account within 6 weeks from the date of the letter, which works out to be around 14th dec. If your application was received it doesn't neccesarily mean you have been accepted onto the scheme. So it's not 6 weeks from when you apply, it's six weeks from when you were accepted on to the whd scheme, big difference.
I applied on 16th then the 18th i had a email telling me i was getting it

Good new! You’re getting £140 credit this winter Hi Sarah, Congrats - your application for Warm Home Discount was successful.

As a reminder, the Warm Home Discount is a government-run scheme that provides one-off payments of £140 to help customers keep warm over winter. What happens next? We’ll add the £140 credit to your meter within 6 weeks of this letter. We’ll let you know when it’s happened.

For info on how to reduce your bills even further this winter, see our energy efficiency tips. Have a warm winter.

Thanks,
The Boost Team

6 weeks was today

Snap!!
Userlevel 3
Wo ever wrote them Is definitely losing his job!!🙈🙊🤣
Userlevel 2
I think it's wrong they say that people have been accepted then they wait 6 weeks only to tell them that they have been declined but why wait 6 weeks to tell them? Why not tell them straight away, it feels like a parent telling their child that they are going to have a
Good Christmas but on the day it is nothing like the child expected!!
Userlevel 1
Applied for warm home discount 18 th Oct got email saying I’m getting it within 6 weeks 6 weeks is up tomorrow and havnt recieved it? Why? Has anyone recieved there’s yet?
Userlevel 1
No payments been released yet liars

Sorry, don't need to lie. Don't like to be called a liar either.

Hey @Alice24 - I've moved your query over to our Warm Home Discount topic. You can find your account number on your welcome letter or on any emails we've sent you. Still unsure? Send me a PM with your full name, full address and DoB.
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
have you checked that boost have all the correct details for you to submit an application @Prescott1979

its best to seek advice regarding the warm home discount from citizens advice as i nor boost can advise on this in depth as its a government scheme
Userlevel 2
6 weeks has passed today Boost,where are these payments,please dont quote the ofgem rubbish that you have until march as you said within 6 weeks,a straight and honest answer from you would be appreciated by many im sure.
Userlevel 4
Badge
oooo mines been added too now, thank god, wonder if all the moaning helped 😂😂😂
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi @Sophie1983 - we aim to make payments to approved customers within 6 weeks of confirming their application has been successful. Please be aware that the Ofgem deadline for making payments is the end of March 2019, but we're aiming to get them to customers much sooner.
Userlevel 1
Mine was accepted 6 weeks and a day ago so your behind with the applications not on track false info again
Userlevel 1
Theirlike a well trained robot fairplay
Userlevel 1
Its boost employees giving wrong information out to customers in my experience my case in particular more training is needed
Userlevel 1
I have sent in the relevant evidence after being asked to do so today its been 7 weeks now how much longer am i going to have to wait now
Userlevel 3
I applied online and didn't get an email either. I DM'd them on twitter and had it confirmed that it had been accepted.

Im checking the app daily hoping to see it green one morning for a change!

I know that feeling all too well!!
Userlevel 3
Hello all 🙂 I changed to boost from eon and I saw the ad about warm home discount so thought I would apply for it, I applied for it on the 9th November 2018 which was the same day as I moved over to boost, I was very surprised that I heard back on the 12th November 2018 saying that I have been accepted, now that is good quality service far better than eon.
Lets see if you get it in the 6 weeks first.. i also had my accepted in two days still waiting though and 6weeks is up in 2 days
Userlevel 3
Hvent seen one boost reply to this thread for a while....funny as people's 6weeks are startig to run out eh!?
Userlevel 3
Well my 6 weeks is due tomorrow it said on the email 6 weeks I know it can take up til March but it don't state that on the acceptance email. So hoping it's on by then
Hope you get it.. but don't hold your breath
Userlevel 3
Hi everyone - we're on track to get the payment to successful customers by the 6 week time frame. Although the deadline set by Ofgem is the end of March 2019 - we're aiming to get the payment to customers 6 weeks after they received their acceptance email.
Rreally cos so far doesn't ring true does it.
Userlevel 3
Ithink most people on here are aware it is from acceptance... a lot were accepted in the first week so would be due now that's why the people on here are so annoyed I'm one of the ones that now needed to provide evidence of payments even though I wasn't asked for it in the first place. I certainly won't be with boost come next Xmas this is hell to deal with. No answers apart from being fobbed off with the same sentence constantly. It doesn't matter if you keep quoting ofgem guidelines boost when you state in the email it Will be credited within 6weeks!! It's not going to help you with the influx of complaints I can see heading there way!
Userlevel 3
Qouting ofgem again....it doesn't matter what they say because your clearly badly worded email states it WILL be applied within 6weeks....not that you aim to!! So you made this rod for your own backs!!
Userlevel 1
Badge
I lhave submited my claim for the WHD. I wish it to go onto my gas so do i enter my gas account number rather than the electric account number?
Thank you