Warm Home Discount 2018 application window now open!

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

215 replies

Userlevel 1

@amanda 1976 you should get on to them, I emailed them yesterday asking if it will be on before xmas dayi messaged them yesterday and they told me it would be credited within 24 hours,thats been and gone now,im not going to ask anymore it just frustrates me when i get lied to,if i get it like i should its a bonus,if i dont...i dont ;(
i emailed them 2 days ago and got a reply today just saying ' very soon'. Hopefully tomorrow if not today.
whats the email address you emailed them at rob?

just through the 'contact us' link on the website.
Userlevel 2

@amanda 1976 you should get on to them, I emailed them yesterday asking if it will be on before xmas dayi messaged them yesterday and they told me it would be credited within 24 hours,thats been and gone now,im not going to ask anymore it just frustrates me when i get lied to,if i get it like i should its a bonus,if i dont...i dont ;(
i emailed them 2 days ago and got a reply today just saying ' very soon'. Hopefully tomorrow if not today.
whats the email address you emailed them at rob?
just through the 'contact us' link on the website.

👌🏽
Userlevel 2
@amanda 1976 try hello@boostpower.co.uk
Userlevel 2
@amanda 1976 try hello@boostpower.co.uk
thanks,just emailed them
Userlevel 2
@amanda 1976 your welcome🙂
Userlevel 1
This companies a joke every application should be validated and done in date order
Userlevel 2
This companies a joke every application should be validated and done in date order
if im honest ive never had any problems with ovo/boost and the prices have always been alright for me,its just getting this credited thats the pain 🙂
Userlevel 1

This companies a joke every application should be validated and done in date orderif im honest ive never had any problems with ovo/boost and the prices have always been alright for me,its just getting this credited thats the pain :)

same for me, always comes up as the lowest price on comparison sites. the problem with the whd is down to the government's rules that it depends on market share as to how many people they help through the broader group rules.
Userlevel 1
Only 5/10 % of applications get validated ive been waiting over 6 weeks sent relevant evidence in this a companies a complete joke
Userlevel 2
Only 5/10 % of applications get validated ive been waiting over 6 weeks sent relevant evidence in this a companies a complete joke
crying about it and getting yourself worked up wont get it credited any faster.
Userlevel 1
Im tamping no1 can give me an answer it doesnt take over 6 weeks to validate excuse after excuse should be done in date order
Userlevel 4
Badge
after i topped mine up this morning too typical but very happy now!
Userlevel 2
was credited either late last night or overnight,never doubted them 🙂
Hey, it's been 6 weeks today since I received my confirmation of award for whd, I'm payg don't have a smart meter, had a new card sent out when I was with ovo with the credit it on. Will I still get it? Should of had It by now usually
Confirmation even x
Userlevel 2
@EmmaLala if you top up at the shop or post office it usually get sent to the machine so when u take your card or key up to get credit it should add it on automatically
@Nige harvey I topped up yesterday, and only gave the amount I topped up, I could always try again today like. Just last time, a new card was sent to me with the credit already on. So I didn't know if these do the same thing. I will try when I go the shop, if not will wait till postman comes. Will be messaging/calling if not recieved today. Thanks for the reply
So topped up, no payment, no post either. So rang and they've said they've only just started payments today for core groups. Why give an estimate for 6 weeks then say could be before March 2019. I need the gas tbh it's getting chilly here, costing me a fortune in gas. Don't get paid for another 2 weeks so going to be struggling.
Userlevel 2
@EmmaLala do u use a key or card to top up? My neighbor uses a key or card and they got theres today mind u they are on a different supplier to
@Nige harvey Yes key and card. They hope to have them all out by Christmas, but that's still 4 weeks away. Idk which category I fall under either. I'll just keep checking my post.
I was with bg year before last, got mine begin of November, last year OVO, had that by the same time. Just this year seems to be taking longer
Userlevel 1
A lot of people they havent informed then you find out your application is being validated with dwp core group is for pensioners im still waiting nearly 7 weeks its ridiculous
I've just topped my card up £2, put it in the meter, I've now got £156. So glad! Costing me a fortune so far in gas. One less thing to worry about over christmas. Whoever is on payg using card/key you will receive and email when it's ready, they will tell you top your card up at nearest payment, lowest is £1 when you insert into meter it will automatically give you the £140, but will only show amount on card when inserted, but will show on meter the added extra. Does say top up everyday for 3-5days for full amount, but mine come on all at once
Userlevel 1

You’re now able to apply for this winter’s Warm Home Discount, if you don’t qualify to receive it automatically. We’ve recapped on how it works below:

Core Group: if you receive the Guaranteed element of Pension Credit, you don’t need to apply! You’ll be paid the discount from whoever your supplier was on the 8th July 2018. The Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) will get in touch to confirm this. You can call them if you haven’t had a letter from them by the end of November: 0800 917 1003.

Broader Group: if you don’t receive the Guaranteed element of Pension Credit, you can apply to get the payment here. Info on eligibility is on that page, on the application form itself, and from the Citizens Advice

Make sure to look out for a confirmation email after you’ve applied. No email, you haven’t applied correctly, so make sure to do it again (don’t worry if you need to apply more than once due to an error, this won’t affect your application). We’ll then let you know if the application’s been approved within 5 working days. If you haven’t heard within 5 working days, then you can apply again (don’t worry if you need to apply more than once due to an error, it won’t affect your application). Please note that eligible applicants are approved on a first come first served basis, so don’t delay!

You’re now able to apply for this winter’s Warm Home Discount, if you don’t qualify to receive it automatically. We’ve recapped on how it works below:

Core Group: if you receive the Guaranteed element of Pension Credit, you don’t need to apply! You’ll be paid the discount from whoever your supplier was on the 8th July 2018. The Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) will get in touch to confirm this. You can call them if you haven’t had a letter from them by the end of November: 0800 917 1003.

Broader Group: if you don’t receive the Guaranteed element of Pension Credit, you can apply to get the payment here. Info on eligibility is on that page, on the application form itself, and from the Citizens Advice

Make sure to look out for a confirmation email after you’ve applied. No email, you haven’t applied correctly, so make sure to do it again (don’t worry if you need to apply more than once due to an error, this won’t affect your application). We’ll then let you know if the application’s been approved within 5 working days. If you haven’t heard within 5 working days, then you can apply again (don’t worry if you need to apply more than once due to an error, it won’t affect your application). Please note that eligible applicants are approved on a first come first served basis, so don’t delay!
Userlevel 1
Sorry new to forums so probably post random things 🙈
i have a smart meter and received an email with confirmation Ive been accepted for WHD . Is it 6weeks from the email or 6weeks from the DWP confermation that I will be credited ?