Warm Home Discount 2018 application window now open!

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

215 replies

Userlevel 3
Qouting ofgem again....it doesn't matter what they say because your clearly badly worded email states it WILL be applied within 6weeks....not that you aim to!! So you made this rod for your own backs!!
Userlevel 3
What happens next? We’ll add the £140 credit to your meter within 6 weeks of this letter. We’ll let you know when it’s happened
Userlevel 1
Be after xmas the way its going people not doing their jobs
Userlevel 4
Badge
I think a lot of people on here are getting confused between applying and being accepted onto the whd scheme. i applied on the 17th oct and received an email 2 days later telling me my application had been received, not accepted on to the scheme, just received. Then on 9th Nov i got a letter through the door stating i was accepted onto the whd scheme and that my payment would be applied to my account within 6 weeks from the date of the letter, which works out to be around 14th dec. If your application was received it doesn't neccesarily mean you have been accepted onto the scheme. So it's not 6 weeks from when you apply, it's six weeks from when you were accepted on to the whd scheme, big difference.

I applied on 16th then the 18th i had a email telling me i was getting it

Good new! You’re getting £140 credit this winter Hi Sarah, Congrats - your application for Warm Home Discount was successful.

As a reminder, the Warm Home Discount is a government-run scheme that provides one-off payments of £140 to help customers keep warm over winter. What happens next? We’ll add the £140 credit to your meter within 6 weeks of this letter. We’ll let you know when it’s happened.

For info on how to reduce your bills even further this winter, see our energy efficiency tips. Have a warm winter.

Thanks,
The Boost Team

6 weeks was today
Userlevel 3

I think a lot of people on here are getting confused between applying and being accepted onto the whd scheme. i applied on the 17th oct and received an email 2 days later telling me my application had been received, not accepted on to the scheme, just received. Then on 9th Nov i got a letter through the door stating i was accepted onto the whd scheme and that my payment would be applied to my account within 6 weeks from the date of the letter, which works out to be around 14th dec. If your application was received it doesn't neccesarily mean you have been accepted onto the scheme. So it's not 6 weeks from when you apply, it's six weeks from when you were accepted on to the whd scheme, big difference.
I applied on 16th then the 18th i had a email telling me i was getting it

Good new! You’re getting £140 credit this winter Hi Sarah, Congrats - your application for Warm Home Discount was successful.

As a reminder, the Warm Home Discount is a government-run scheme that provides one-off payments of £140 to help customers keep warm over winter. What happens next? We’ll add the £140 credit to your meter within 6 weeks of this letter. We’ll let you know when it’s happened.

For info on how to reduce your bills even further this winter, see our energy efficiency tips. Have a warm winter.

Thanks,
The Boost Team

6 weeks was today

Snap!!
Userlevel 4
Badge
Wonder if they will re word emails next time 🤣🤣
Userlevel 3
Wo ever wrote them Is definitely losing his job!!🙈🙊🤣
Userlevel 2
They probably just changed the names and sent everybody the same email 🤣🤣
Userlevel 1
I can't believe how much the electric is charging me I come down of a morning and it's saying I've used x amount in the night on average I am using £3 a day really expensive ...
£3 a day blimey wish mine was that I'm using £9 a day apparently!!!
Userlevel 1
The thing is also ive sent the evidence in 3 weeks ago their saying not to send it till they contact you as needs clarifying with the dwp but then no updates available just taking their time asking them for the info and then excuse after excuse shocking customer service
Same with me they are still waiting to hear back from DWP this has been going on for 4 weeks now and no updates when I call
Userlevel 1
Ive been waiting since 16th october over 6 weeks
Userlevel 1

The thing is also ive sent the evidence in 3 weeks ago their saying not to send it till they contact you as needs clarifying with the dwp but then no updates available just taking their time asking them for the info and then excuse after excuse shocking customer serviceSame with me they are still waiting to hear back from DWP this has been going on for 4 weeks now and no updates when I call

6 weeks 2 days and waiting
Userlevel 2
I just checked my boost app on my phone and my warm home discount must of been added sometime this afternoon
Userlevel 1
I just checked my boost app on my phone and my warm home discount must of been added sometime this afternoon

Yep, mine too. Around 3ish this afternoon.
Userlevel 2
mine still hasnt 😢
Userlevel 2
@amanda 1976 you should get on to them, I emailed them yesterday asking if it will be on before xmas day, nearly shat myself when I saw I had £163 energy balance 😄😄😄
Userlevel 2
@amanda 1976 you should get on to them, I emailed them yesterday asking if it will be on before xmas day
i messaged them yesterday and they told me it would be credited within 24 hours,thats been and gone now,im not going to ask anymore it just frustrates me when i get lied to,if i get it like i should its a bonus,if i dont...i dont 😢
Userlevel 2
@amanda 1976 keep checking your app if you have it
Userlevel 1

@amanda 1976 you should get on to them, I emailed them yesterday asking if it will be on before xmas dayi messaged them yesterday and they told me it would be credited within 24 hours,thats been and gone now,im not going to ask anymore it just frustrates me when i get lied to,if i get it like i should its a bonus,if i dont...i dont ;(

i emailed them 2 days ago and got a reply today just saying ' very soon'. Hopefully tomorrow if not today.
Userlevel 4
Badge
oooo mines been added too now, thank god, wonder if all the moaning helped 😂😂😂
Userlevel 1
No payments been released yet liars
Userlevel 2
@Prescott1979 who u calling a liar?
Userlevel 2

@amanda 1976 you should get on to them, I emailed them yesterday asking if it will be on before xmas dayi messaged them yesterday and they told me it would be credited within 24 hours,thats been and gone now,im not going to ask anymore it just frustrates me when i get lied to,if i get it like i should its a bonus,if i dont...i dont ;(

i emailed them 2 days ago and got a reply today just saying ' very soon'. Hopefully tomorrow if not today.

whats the email address you emailed them at rob?
Userlevel 1
No payments been released yet liars

Sorry, don't need to lie. Don't like to be called a liar either.

Userlevel 2
@Prescott1979 is this proof for u? I cannot afford to put that all on