Warm Home Discount 2018 application window now open!

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

215 replies

Userlevel 1
I can't believe how much the electric is charging me I come down of a morning and it's saying I've used x amount in the night on average I am using £3 a day really expensive ...
Userlevel 1
Thanks Sophie but surely they can’t tell you 6 weeks and then give it too you after that’s false information xx
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Yea thats exactly what I've been thinking myself cannot come quick enough
Kindest regards
Sophie xx
Userlevel 4
Badge
well my 6 weeks is today and nothing
Userlevel 1
Ive phone asking why my w h d hasn't gone on my meter I'd had the email say I was successful in my application and it would be going on my meter now they are saying the d w p have declined it going to phone them today to ask why never had these problems always got it with Scottish power and ovo ....
Userlevel 4
Badge
Think a complaint is in order for those who have been successful then told otherwise!
Bang out of order
Hhomework should be done before dishing out emails telling people they have been successful
Userlevel 4
Badge
here is ofgems faq's on the warm house discount and also a email to contact them on the how to contact box
https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publications-and-updates/faqs-warm-home-discount-scheme
Userlevel 1
Cant understand why this company are telling people one thing and meening another how many people has this happened to please reply if this has happened to anyone ...
Userlevel 2
This is my first time applying for warm home discount so far I have been accepted, so fingers crossed it stays that way because I cannot afford to keep topping up as I've already used £68 for 19 days that's worse than I used with my previous supplier EON I think I might have to change if it keeps up
Userlevel 1
Yes I am using around £3 aday that's only for my electricity I am not on duel fual so I will be thinking of changing myself ...
Userlevel 4
Badge
This is interesting found it via ofgems supplier faq's

Notification and approval process 5.23.
A supplier’s Broader Group proposal must be submitted to the WHD inbox (whd@ofgem.gov.uk) using the notification template provided by us. A supplier should tell us if it is having any problems with using the template before it submits. Notifications should be signed by an appropriate senior officer from the supplier, who will be accountable for the activity outlined in the notification.

5.24. Within 28 days of receiving a scheme notification the WHD team will approve or reject the proposal, or request additional information. If we ask for more information, we will provide a determination within 28 days of receiving the information requested (unless further clarification is needed).
Userlevel 4
Badge
So basically if they needed more info no one should have been emailed saying they was successful
am i right?
Userlevel 2
I think it's wrong they say that people have been accepted then they wait 6 weeks only to tell them that they have been declined but why wait 6 weeks to tell them? Why not tell them straight away, it feels like a parent telling their child that they are going to have a
Good Christmas but on the day it is nothing like the child expected!!
Userlevel 1
They wont take 1 off you tried 3 times to lodge a complaint
Userlevel 4
Badge
ive had no communication stating they want more evidence, its been 6 weeks since acceptance email saying i was successful etc. if they dont pay & try fob me off with evidence rubbish i will complain to ofgem and get my mp to back me up then change supplier ASAP
Userlevel 4
Badge
This is a reply to someone on their facebook page 3 days ago lots of people complaining

Boost Hi Samantha,

We won't have an exact date yet - we're aiming to get the payment to you by the 6 week time frame. But we'll email to confirm when the payment is on it's way.

Thanks,
Emily
Userlevel 1
Can someone let me know if they get there today as it been 6 weeks for me aswell
Userlevel 1
I think a lot of people on here are getting confused between applying and being accepted onto the whd scheme. i applied on the 17th oct and received an email 2 days later telling me my application had been received, not accepted on to the scheme, just received. Then on 9th Nov i got a letter through the door stating i was accepted onto the whd scheme and that my payment would be applied to my account within 6 weeks from the date of the letter, which works out to be around 14th dec. If your application was received it doesn't neccesarily mean you have been accepted onto the scheme. So it's not 6 weeks from when you apply, it's six weeks from when you were accepted on to the whd scheme, big difference.
Userlevel 2
I think a lot of people on here are getting confused between applying and being accepted onto the whd scheme. i applied on the 17th oct and received an email 2 days later telling me my application had been received, not accepted on to the scheme, just received. Then on 9th Nov i got a letter through the door stating i was accepted onto the whd scheme and that my payment would be applied to my account within 6 weeks from the date of the letter, which works out to be around 14th dec. If your application was received it doesn't neccesarily mean you have been accepted onto the scheme. So it's not 6 weeks from when you apply, it's six weeks from when you were accepted on to the whd scheme, big difference.
Good new! You’re getting £140 credit this winter Hi Amanda, Congrats - your application for Warm Home Discount was successful.

As a reminder, the Warm Home Discount is a government-run scheme that provides one-off payments of £140 to help customers keep warm over winter. What happens next? We’ll add the £140 credit to your meter within 6 weeks of this letter. We’ll let you know when it’s happened. ....im not getting confused in the slightest rob.
Userlevel 1

I think a lot of people on here are getting confused between applying and being accepted onto the whd scheme. i applied on the 17th oct and received an email 2 days later telling me my application had been received, not accepted on to the scheme, just received. Then on 9th Nov i got a letter through the door stating i was accepted onto the whd scheme and that my payment would be applied to my account within 6 weeks from the date of the letter, which works out to be around 14th dec. If your application was received it doesn't neccesarily mean you have been accepted onto the scheme. So it's not 6 weeks from when you apply, it's six weeks from when you were accepted on to the whd scheme, big difference.Good new! You’re getting £140 credit this winter Hi Amanda, Congrats - your application for Warm Home Discount was successful.

As a reminder, the Warm Home Discount is a government-run scheme that provides one-off payments of £140 to help customers keep warm over winter. What happens next? We’ll add the £140 credit to your meter within 6 weeks of this letter. We’ll let you know when it’s happened. ....im not getting confused in the slightest rob.

Hi amanda, i don't remember actually singling anyone in particular, if i offended you, i apologise.
Userlevel 1
Its boost employees giving wrong information out to customers in my experience my case in particular more training is needed
Userlevel 3
Ithink most people on here are aware it is from acceptance... a lot were accepted in the first week so would be due now that's why the people on here are so annoyed I'm one of the ones that now needed to provide evidence of payments even though I wasn't asked for it in the first place. I certainly won't be with boost come next Xmas this is hell to deal with. No answers apart from being fobbed off with the same sentence constantly. It doesn't matter if you keep quoting ofgem guidelines boost when you state in the email it Will be credited within 6weeks!! It's not going to help you with the influx of complaints I can see heading there way!
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hey @Dawnmed74, @Sophie1983, @Shellybabe69, @Emmzy13 - I've moved all your posts onto this thread where people are discussing the Warm Home Discount.

It should be added within 6 weeks of receiving your confirmation email. We're working really hard at the moment to make sure our customers get their payments within this time frame.

Please be aware the Ofgem deadline for making payments is the end of March 2019, but we're aiming to make them sooner than this.

If you need any help covering your energy costs, it might be worth having a look at this page.

Hope this helps,
Nancy
Userlevel 1
The thing is also ive sent the evidence in 3 weeks ago their saying not to send it till they contact you as needs clarifying with the dwp but then no updates available just taking their time asking them for the info and then excuse after excuse shocking customer service
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
@Nancy_Boost many thanks lovely guiding lightbulb x