Warm Home Discount 2018 application window now open!

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

215 replies

Userlevel 2
They reckon i gotta wait 6 weeks seems strange im looking for a new supplier

N.B Prescott 1979.....make sure that you either get this discount first or check you haven't missed the deadline if you change supplier.... a friend of mine did it once for a better price but then missed the WHD by ONE DAY.....needless to say price difference didn't make up for losing £140.00.
Userlevel 3
I applied online and didn't get an email either. I DM'd them on twitter and had it confirmed that it had been accepted.

Im checking the app daily hoping to see it green one morning for a change!

I know that feeling all too well!!
Userlevel 2
I applied last year and was told I wasn’t eligible, don’t know why as got a child under 16 in full time education and I’m on working tax/child tax credits & a low wage, (annual income for wages & tax credits £10000)... trying again this year. Strange how last year I wasn’t eligible yet I know of a few friends who are on same tax credits as me but earn more wages and they got it... hoping I get it this year as it’s really help me out.
Did you tick "yes" for the more than "?? % of bills vs income" that's all I can think of that perhaps you incorrectly answered a question... Always worth appealing to anything negative I think....good luck this year, it does make a HUGE difference for those really cold few mths we get.
Userlevel 4
Badge

I applied online and didn't get an email either. I DM'd them on twitter and had it confirmed that it had been accepted.

My 6 weeks is up 29th im also checking daily, eagerly waiting for it! 🙈
Userlevel 3
Ñ

Well they opened 6 weeks ago so wonder if anybody has had there's credited yet or are we literally going to the wire with it. This is the worst company I've seen for the whd
Userlevel 4
Badge
Ñ

Well they opened 6 weeks ago so wonder if anybody has had there's credited yet or are we literally going to the wire with it. This is the worst company I've seen for the whd

it was 6 weeks when i was with ovo before being moved to boost
Userlevel 2
Hello all 🙂 I changed to boost from eon and I saw the ad about warm home discount so thought I would apply for it, I applied for it on the 9th November 2018 which was the same day as I moved over to boost, I was very surprised that I heard back on the 12th November 2018 saying that I have been accepted, now that is good quality service far better than eon.
Userlevel 1
Has anyone recieve any news when people are being played this discount
Userlevel 3
apparently within 6weeks of being accepted which means they're taking it to the wire they have 2 days for mine!although ofgem say by March 2019. So dont get your hopes up.
Userlevel 3
Hello all 🙂 I changed to boost from eon and I saw the ad about warm home discount so thought I would apply for it, I applied for it on the 9th November 2018 which was the same day as I moved over to boost, I was very surprised that I heard back on the 12th November 2018 saying that I have been accepted, now that is good quality service far better than eon.
Lets see if you get it in the 6 weeks first.. i also had my accepted in two days still waiting though and 6weeks is up in 2 days
Userlevel 2
If it's correct then my 6 weeks is up on the 24th December 2018 but reading some comments I am thinking it will be after the date when I get it.
Userlevel 3
One day to go....cutting it fine for 6weeks boost!!
Userlevel 1
Hi I applied when it opened and was told on the phone it was sent to a decision maker that was about a month ago but I have had no update on if I can recieve it ECT just called up and was told it's still with decision maker they are waiting for reply from DWP
I have had it before and am on income based esa and PIP and am well below the income threshold
Anyone had anything similar ??
Userlevel 1
Im 6 weeks and a day not going too happen really slow this year
Userlevel 3
Jone another tenner on the meter today!!
Userlevel 2
6 weeks has passed today Boost,where are these payments,please dont quote the ofgem rubbish that you have until march as you said within 6 weeks,a straight and honest answer from you would be appreciated by many im sure.
Userlevel 1
Their trying it on it seems to me a complaint to ofgem
Userlevel 3
Im disgusted rang just now to find that they want validation of my benefit....if theyd asked theyd of had it on the day they asked. Just a ploy to get out of paying cos if I hadn't of rang I'd be waiting and hoping non the wiser until March and wouldn't have got it! They sent me an email accepting my application nothing else!!unbelievable I'll be switching in the new year as now I have to wait another 2 to 4 weeks ridiculous
Userlevel 3
Hvent seen one boost reply to this thread for a while....funny as people's 6weeks are startig to run out eh!?
Userlevel 1
I knew mine was going through validation ive sent through relevant info and still nothing over 4 weeks ago cowboys if you ask me
Userlevel 2
I knew mine was going through validation ive sent through relevant info and still nothing over 4 weeks ago cowboys if you ask me
how did you know?
Userlevel 1
I rang them and was told after a week of applying as had not heard anything
Userlevel 3
Amanda I'd ring them and check I didn't know wasn't told anything until I rang before
Userlevel 3
I rang them and was told after a week of applying as had not heard anything
So they never told you in an email?
Userlevel 1
Their truing to fob everybody off till march by the looks of it id had the payment by this time last year