Warm Home Discount 2018 application window now open!

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

215 replies

I applied as soon as applications were open as my application mysteriously went missing last year so I didn't want to miss out. I still haven't heard anything and with the cold weather now it's absolutely crippling me paying for gas. How soon should I hear something back? I know I'm eligible and have received it every year when I was with other suppliers. I'm on disability benefits and have a child under 16. I haven't even had an email or anything
I’m the same
Userlevel 1
Recieved my email to confirm I will get the discount but can you tell me when as desperate to put heating on its so cold
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
hi @Janny19 from what ive seen and from previous years boost release the WHD in batches and theyre hoping to make payment within 6 weeks of the date you recieved notification of your successful application.

if you need some help until the WHD is credited and you've no funds, please reach out to boost who can loan £30 to your account (interest free) you could then contact boost again once the WHD has been credited to repay the loan in one go but as a rule theyll take £1 a day to recover the loan. (subject to you not owing them)

hooe this helps
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
hi @Emmab1983 have you checked the junk folder? my notification email came from an ovo energy email address and ended up in my junk folder.

if not in the junk folder, please reach out to the boost customer care team via facebook twitter, email or phone where theyll be happy to advise.
Userlevel 1
Thsnk you
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
You can apply for the Warm Home Discount here: https://www.boostpower.co.uk/warm-home-discount, @N.quinn!
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
I haven’t heard either, receyan email 13 days ago saying I’d hear back in 5 days!

@joolzs76 - The decision is sent via email, so if it's not in your main inbox, check your junk folder.

If you still can't find the email, just send us a message on Facebook or Twitter so we can look into this for you. You'll just need to confirm your full name, DoB and account number.

Thanks,
Eva
not in my junk. I emailed the other day and was told there was nothing on my account even though I received an email say that you had received my application and that I had to reapply bearing in mind it’s on a first come first served basis, so even though I applied on the day it opened I may not get it now as my second application is 20 days in.
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
mmm @joolzs76 can you please drop the boost customer care team a private message via facebook or twitter (email is good too) and they can check this out and certainly confirm they have the application!
hello, my daughter has Crohn’s disease. She’s on medication to help her and under alder hay children’s hospital. Is this classed as a registered disability? I don’t claim for any other disability benefits as I don’t feel she needs them but when it comes to heating the house we spend a lot more then what we would do normally as she’s not very active when she gets home from school or on sick days so I would think the warm energy discount would help us a lot. Any reply would be great thank you
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
@mattj3135 is right, @Janny19.

The deadline for the payment is the 31st March 2019, but we'll aim to make the payment within 6 weeks of accepting your application! 🙂
Hey @Pinkyjen85 - I've moved your post over to our Warm Home Discount topic, just check out the info in Nancy's post at the beginning of this thread!
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
How much longer do we have to wait for whd to be applied to smart meters I'm on payg+ and had email from boost/ovo saying my whd application successful and was wondering how much longer to wait for it to be credited to my payg+ account
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi @Sophie1983 - we aim to make payments to approved customers within 6 weeks of confirming their application has been successful. Please be aware that the Ofgem deadline for making payments is the end of March 2019, but we're aiming to get them to customers much sooner.
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Many thanks for your reply
Userlevel 1
WHD applied for, both for myself and for my ward!
It's worthwhile applying.
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Oh yes for sure it's worthwhile £140 is a sizeable chunk of cash by anyone's standards and you'll know whether you being successful as you'll recieve a email from ovo the parent company of boost informing you of decesion I keep everything crossed for a sucesfull application
Kindest regards
Sophie
activation code not working..please use large print as I have macula degeneration and my sight is bad,will go to C A B to help me as I'm not good with trying to get this activated
Userlevel 2
I hope it's supplied very soon I don't get paid till Thursday I've just over £5 left won't be using the heating till then kids can just wear jumpers mind you the £140 won't even last a month in my house
Userlevel 1
WARNING!!! IF YOU HAVE APPLIED BUT NOT RECIEVED A REPLY WITHIN 5 DAYS, CALL THEM!!!! I WAITED 10 DAYS TO BE TOLD THEY HAD NOT RECIEVED MY APPLICATION DESPITE ME RECIEVING A CONFIRMATION AS SOON AS I FILLED OUT THE FORM. A LOT OF VULNERABLE PPL WILL MISS OUT ON THE SCHEME IF YOU DONT CHECK THIS OUT.
Userlevel 1
not in my junk. I emailed the other day and was told there was nothing on my account even though I received an email say that you had received my application and that I had to reapply bearing in mind it’s on a first come first served basis, so even though I applied on the day it opened I may not get it now as my second application is 20 days in.
I phoned up after they'd lost 3 applications. Filled in the form over the phone. Got my whd request accepted the very next day.
Userlevel 1
I applied 4 weeks ago today the day you opened and heard nothing supposed to be 5 working days why? Think a report to ofgem is needed
Userlevel 1
I applied 4 weeks ago today the day you opened and heard nothing supposed to be 5 working days why? Think a report to ofgem is needed
Plz call them, I applied online got the confirmation but when I called them said they hadn't received an application 😡😡 something is definitely going wrong with the application process but boost is just ignoring the problem
Userlevel 1
Ive rang bout 6 times think a report to ofgem and trading standards is needed
Userlevel 1
Did you fill a form in over the phone? I did yesterday and was accepted on to whd today.