Warm Home Discount 2018 application window now open!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

*UPDATE* - the Warm Home Discount 2018 - 2019 is now closed. Information about this year’s applications here.

You’re now able to apply for this winter’s Warm Home Discount, if you don’t qualify to receive it automatically. We’ve recapped on how it works below:

Core Group: if you receive the Guaranteed element of Pension Credit, you don’t need to apply! You’ll be paid the discount from whoever your supplier was on the 8th July 2018. The Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) will get in touch to confirm this. You can call them if you haven’t had a letter from them by the end of November: 0800 917 1003.

Broader Group: if you don’t receive the Guaranteed element of Pension Credit, you can apply to get the payment here. Info on eligibility is on that page, on the application form itself, and from the Citizens Advice

Make sure to look out for a confirmation email after you’ve applied. No email, you haven’t applied correctly, so make sure to do it again (don’t worry if you need to apply more than once due to an error, this won’t affect your application). We’ll then let you know if the application’s been approved within 5 working days. If you haven’t heard within 5 working days, then you can apply again or pop our Customer Care team a call to chase up the application process. Please note that eligible applicants are approved on a first come first served basis, so don’t delay!

**Update on 15/07/2019**

Here's a link for this years pre-registration form and further details:

This topic has been closed for comments

215 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
I lhave submited my claim for the WHD. I wish it to go onto my gas so do i enter my gas account number rather than the electric account number?
Thank you
Userlevel 1
Badge
Ive just applied for the WHD i would like it to go on my gas account so do i have to put the gas account number rather than the electric account number on the application form?
Thank you
do i include my daughters earnings when answering the question about household income as i receive the enhanced rate of mobility for pip
Userlevel 1
Why isnt mine been processed when i applied 6 days ago others who applied after has theirs have been processed why mine hasent?
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Hey @gerrymcandrew,

I've moved your queries over here, there may be more customers who have similar questions to you.

Your account number will be the same for both the gas and the eclectic. You shouldn't have 2 account numbers.

I believe the form will ask you if you would prefer the payment for your gas - just ensure you tick this box.

Eva
Userlevel 1
Badge
I put the electricity account number on the form and it is a different number from my gas account (which ive asked for the WHD to be applied to ) why have i 2 seperate account numbers then if i should only have 1? Both accounts are pre-payment. I still havent heard back yet.
Thank you
Gerard Mcandrew
Userlevel 1
Why are my questions being ignored i applied a week ago should have been processed by now i had the confirmation email and heard nothing the 5 working days are up falseadvertising springs to mind i hadno problem last year looking for a new supplier disgustedasm a loyal customer
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
have you checked that boost have all the correct details for you to submit an application @Prescott1979

its best to seek advice regarding the warm home discount from citizens advice as i nor boost can advise on this in depth as its a government scheme
Where do I find my account number to apply for the warm home discount?
Hey @Alice24 - I've moved your query over to our Warm Home Discount topic. You can find your account number on your welcome letter or on any emails we've sent you. Still unsure? Send me a PM with your full name, full address and DoB.
Userlevel 3
When do the payments start rolling out
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi @keeamy - the payment will be made within 6 weeks of receiving your confirmation letter/email.
Tried multiple times to enter my postcode and account number into register and it keeps telling me its invalid!! Any help please?
Hi I applied for the warm winter discount 16th Oct. I received a confirmation email but haven't yet received an email to say if I was successful or not.
Do I need to reapply?
Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
can you post a screenshot of the error message youre seeing please @Bali2018

may be best to try completing the application on a different computer or mobile device
HHow do I apply
I can't seem to be able to apply for warm home discount
Userlevel 4
Badge
I'mI'm another who hasn't had notification on whether or not my application has been successful. 😕
Hi @Tray - to apply for the discount, simply click here and follow the instructions on screen: https://www.boostpower.co.uk/warm-home-discount
Userlevel 1
Hi I submitted my whd over a week ago. I received an email to say you had received it and I would hear back in 5 working days. I still have received no confirmation of this. Would you be able to check this for me
Userlevel 1
Hi I’m another person who has received a notification to say my whd will be answered in 5 working days. This was submitted over a week ago but I still have had no response. Please could you check my account?
I applied last year and was told I wasn’t eligible, don’t know why as got a child under 16 in full time education and I’m on working tax/child tax credits & a low wage, (annual income for wages & tax credits £10000)... trying again this year. Strange how last year I wasn’t eligible yet I know of a few friends who are on same tax credits as me but earn more wages and they got it... hoping I get it this year as it’s really help me out.
I applied as soon as applications were open as my application mysteriously went missing last year so I didn't want to miss out. I still haven't heard anything and with the cold weather now it's absolutely crippling me paying for gas. How soon should I hear something back? I know I'm eligible and have received it every year when I was with other suppliers. I'm on disability benefits and have a child under 16. I haven't even had an email or anything
How do I apply?
Why isnt mine been processed when i applied 6 days ago others who applied after has theirs have been processed why mine hasent?
I haven’t heard either, receyan email 13 days ago saying I’d hear back in 5 days!