Our Priority Services Register is a way of ensuring we’re helping any customers who:
- Need extra support due to illness or disability
- Need tailored communications
- Would struggle to maintain their well-being if they lost their energy supply
What are the benefits of being on the Priority Services Register?
- If it’s difficult for anybody in your household to reach your meter due to disability or chronic illness, we might be able to move it
- We can provide a free annual Gas Safety Check if you qualify
- If your well-being is critically dependent on your energy supply, we can make sure you get longer notice than usual if it needs to be turned off
Who is eligible to join the Priority Services Register?
- A Pensioner
- A single parent
- Living with children under 5 or young people under 18
- Have Mental health concerns
- Chronically ill
- Blind or partially sighted
- Deaf or hearing impaired
- Have a financial vulnerability, such unemployment or low household income
- Unable to communicate in English
- Have recently been affected by sudden life changes such as grief or post-hospital recovery
You should also apply if you depend on electricity to keep any of these running in your home:
- Kidney dialysis machine
- Heart/lung machine
- Oxygen concentrator
- Apnoea monitor
- Bath hoist
- Stair lift
- Mobility aids
How can I apply to be on the Priority Services Register?
- Complete the online form here.
- Give us a call on 0330 102 7517.
- Download and print the form here and return it to us in the post.