pinned

Priority Services Register

Userlevel 5
Badge +1
**UPDATED on 16/07/2019**

Our Priority Services Register is a way of ensuring we’re helping any customers who:
  • Need extra support due to illness or disability
  • Need tailored communications
  • Would struggle to maintain their well-being if they lost their energy supply

What are the benefits of being on the Priority Services Register?
  • If it’s difficult for anybody in your household to reach your meter due to disability or chronic illness, we might be able to move it
  • We can provide a free annual Gas Safety Check if you qualify
  • If your well-being is critically dependent on your energy supply, we can make sure you get longer notice than usual if it needs to be turned off

Who is eligible to join the Priority Services Register?
  • A pensioner
  • Living with children or young people under 18
  • Disabled
  • Chronically ill
  • Blind or partially sighted
  • Deaf or hearing impaired
  • Bedridden

You should also apply if you depend on electricity to keep any of these running in your home:
  • Kidney dialysis machine
  • Heart/lung machine
  • Ventilator
  • Nebuliser
  • Oxygen concentrator
  • Apnoea monitor
  • Bath hoist
  • Stair lift

How can I apply to be on the Priority Services Register?
  • Complete the online form here.
  • Give us a call on 0330 102 7517
  • Download and print the form here and return it to us in the post.

17 replies

Hello, there's two disabled people on personal independence payments in my house, I'm on smart meter, we buy electricity and gas it all goes on one account to pay fur them we live in old council stone house, it's hard to heat in winter, gets damp in rooms with no heat it a big 3 reception room 3 bedrooms house, also my condition mean I have to be warm, or I'm just iller and in more pain, I wrap up and stay in bed a lot, but still have to put heating on due to house will get damp if I don't, for good 6/8 hrs day and night, we've pre registered for warm home discount, as we only have benefits we really struggle to pay, I'm just wondering if there's any extra help please, I know some companies help disabled people by giving extra discount thanks
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
We only offer one tariff to all of our customers, @bubbles71. Apart from the Warm Home Discount, which you'd need to apply for - we don't offer any other discounts.

Have a read through this topic, the Priority Services Register (PSR) sounds like something you'll benefit from.

Eva
Can you sign us up to priority service then please, there are two people on personal independence payments in my house hold of 3 thanks
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi @bubbles71 - we can't sign up for you as you'll need to answer a few personal questions. There's a link to the online form, and a link to a printable version of the form at the bottom of the main post above.

Hope this helps!
Userlevel 1
I am a 33 year old female live on my own with various chronic illness and I e never received any help.
Userlevel 1
I am a 33 year old female live on my own with various chronic illness and I e never received any help. Since I've been in my bungalow not one payment in 5 years has ever been given to me e Ben though I was priority.
So I had app on my phone. Split up from husband he downloaded the boost app. But can't get on to top up.
I've spoken to boost they said they would send me reset email. Got nothing.
Husband is T1 diabetic
Had cancer of voicebox and had that removed
He has no credit on his smart meter and can't top up can't get an answer from anyone.
I even topped up £20 on card and was told that hasn't gone on
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
I am a 33 year old female live on my own with various chronic illness and I e never received any help.

Make sure to sign up to this Priority Services Register @sammytotter (see above)!
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Husband is T1 diabetic
Had cancer of voicebox and had that removed
He has no credit on his smart meter and can't top up can't get an answer from anyone.

Hi @Gargoyle1 - I've moved your post over here. I'm sorry for the delay getting back to you, and sincerely hope the top up issue has been resolved now.

Make sure your husband gets his account added to the Priority Services Register (details above).

Thanks
Userlevel 1
Hi. I'm trying to sign up to the PSR following your link above but when I enter my details it reports an error with postcode/account number format. My account number starts with OVO-0

Any help would be great. Thanks

The error reported is
Invalid postcode format or account number format, please check and try again. Please make sure to not include spaces in the account number
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
You just need to use the last 4 numbers of the full account number, @eastcoastpc. 🙂
Userlevel 1
Hi. thanks for that. Still no go. entering the last 4
My account number only has 6 digits in total (+ the OVO-) is that correct?
Can't see another (longer) account number anywhere in my account.
Thanks
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hey @eastcoastpc,

That should be right yes. So you account number would look something like this: OVO-001234. If that matches what you've got, you just need to use the "1234" bit.

Cheers
Hi I have a disabled son living at my property he gets high rate PIP and has a awful skin condition. Can we get any discounts or help with our bills.
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Hey @Kellyg246, I've moved your post here, I feel the Priority Services Register is something that would be of benefit to you and your son.

You can preregister for the Warm Home Discount here. If you don't already have smart meters I'd recommend booking a free installation as soon as possible here, this would enable our team to offer support remotely if necessary.

I hope this helps!
Userlevel 1
I’m trying to register on the priority service register and it keeps telling me my account number is wrong then it said my post code was incorrect. I’ve lived in my house for 18 years so I know my postcode.
Ive called the number it gives but was informed I’d be on hold for 73 minutes. Very good customer service that is
Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @Bipolartracey74,

I’ve moved your topic here as this goes into depth on the Priority Services Register that we operate.

Above, you’ll find a link to the online form you can fill in or our contact number, so you can speak to one of our agents to help set this up with you.

Let us know how you get on!

Thanks,