My rental property is off supply - How can I get this sorted?

• 18 June 2020
  • 1 reply

I’ve been an OVO customer for years...great service .They have a job on knocking Boost into any kind of reasonable shape..their service is appalling .

We had a tenant in a let property who left 20/03/20.Unknown to us during his tenancy he joined Boost and had a smart meter fixed..our problems began shortly after he left.GAS OK but NO electricity. Trying to rectify this has been the worst experience I have ever had with an energy supplier.

I have followed all instructions to the letter but have received inane e-mails and had telephone conversations which have been horrendous AND I’ve been cut off twice this afternoon .

The meters are not communicating !!!! OK...do something about it !! I can’t .Next week it’s 3 weeks without electricity...we can’t re-let .We’re paying standing charges and my mother in law who owns the property is losing her retirement income.

One of the things I liked about OVO was that there was always someone willing to OWN a problem and get it sorted.With Boost I’m going round and round in circles getting absolutely nowhere .The tin lid came today when I was asked to provide information that I gave already on the 28th May !!!!  

Will some kind person on this forum please point me in the direction of a real person who can analyse our problem ; come up with a solution and get something done .It seems that the call centre people are afraid to get engineers involved...WHY ? They are the only people who are going to solve the problem if the communication needs sorting out.

THIS IS NOT FUNNY..I DON’T SEEM TO BE ABLE TO GET THROUGH TO THE CALL CENTRE PEOPLE THAT  IT’S MY MOTHER IN LAWS INCOME AT STAKE HERE.

HELP !!!!!

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @NOPOWER,

I’ve just updated the title and added some tags so more users in similar situations can see this.

I think the issue is that it sounds like an engineer needs to fix the problem, but due to lockdown, we’ve been limited as to what we’re able to do.

We’ve only been advised that we’re able to allow engineers to attend emergency appointments. An emergency is when an occupied property is off supply, or there is a risk to life. In this case, as the property is currently unattended, it’s not deemed an emergency, and therefore we can’t book for an emergency engineer appointment.

Normally, we would then offer a 17 working day appointment, which is for non-emergencies, however, we’re simply not allowed to do this at the moment. It’s put customers like yourself in a difficult position, as the only advice we can really give is to check back when there’s a government update on the lockdown rules, and we can see if this has affected our ability to get engineers to properties.

If you’d prefer not to call us, you can always discuss this with us on social media. You’re able to get in touch with us via Facebook or Twitter.

Thanks,

Ed