I want to know how to save money on energy, how can Boost help me?

• 20 December 2017
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

*Updated 30/07/2019 - Added link to our Energy Saving Tip topics*

The easiest way to save money on electricity and gas is to cut back on how much energy you use. There are lots of ways you can be smart with your energy to save some pennies.

Only using what you need

If you'd like to make a cuppa, only boil the kettle with enough water for one cup (or two if you have company!). You'll use less power and get into the habit of only boiling enough water for what you need.

Turn down your thermostat

This is one of the best ways to conserve energy. By turning it down as little as one degree can mean that you can save between £85 and £90 a year.

Turn off the TV

Don't leave your TV on standby each night and over the year, you'll be able to save £'s!

Wash clothes on a lower temperature

Instead of washing at 40 degrees, turn your water temperature down to 30 degree to reap the benefits. In the summer months, make the most of the sunshine, summers breeze and longer daylight hours by hanging your washing up on the line to dry.

What other tips to do you guys have? The more tips we can get on here, the more we can help each other reduce our bills. ☺

Also, check out our Energy Saving tip topics found here!

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1
@dannyth39 @mrslewis @Ginger545 @mattj3135 @Smiter - do any of you have any tips you could share?
Userlevel 1
Still unable to top up on app/web. Error below

Userlevel 5
Badge +1
I've just replied to your comment on that on the topic 'BETA testing underway' here: https://forum.boostpower.co.uk/smart-payg-5/beta-testing-underway-174.

Do you have any energy saving tips that you could share with other users @dannyth39?
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Unplug those chargers for devices not being rejuiced
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
a basic one is do where possible is use energy saving bulbs / LED bulbs instead of the old school / halogen bulbs.

look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves
Userlevel 1
Bracing myself for the fourthcoming extremely bad weather we expect to arrive in the winter time. Usually after having a good summer we are battered by a really savage winter. However, my home is fully up to modern insulation specs with 30cm thick exterior insulation cladding, 45cm thick loft insulation, a new roof and major electricity saving devices inside. Including LED lights for the majority of rooms and my aquariums, and A+ rated or better appliances... It might actually surprise you to know that we haven't used our heating since March this year and it doesn't feel as though we need to put it on at all yet!
All I need to invest in now is an American style snow blower to keep my large driveway clear of snow once it starts to fall!
Userlevel 1
A top tip is leave boost they aint got a clue what their doing ripping people off
@Prescott1979 - please check out my response to your WHD query.