Solved

I've arranged a meter exchange, why hasn't the engineer arrived?

• 1 November 2018
  • 15 replies

So A man from northern gas network came this morning and capped my gas pipe, the previous tenant had rigged the gas and took off the meter, the man from northern gas then tells me to ring ovo (boost) my gas provider to get an engineer out to fit a meter, i do this and I get told the engineer will be here before half 12, half 12 comes I ring again and get told the engineer is on his way so I say no problem, 8 calls later been hung up on twice the engineer still has not arrived, I get told at 2.30pm that someone will be there by half 4 so i say ok, Half 4 comes still no engineer so I ring and am on hold for 30mins to then be told the company who was sending the engineer is now closed, Ive had no gas supply for 4 days now and I am not happy, is this usual for ovo (boost)? Is there anything I can do about it?
icon

Best answer by Eva_Boost 5 November 2018, 14:30

*** UPDATED on 05/09/2019 ***

First things first, @coxonnn, if you're off supply you'll need to give our Customer Care team a call ASAP. They're available on 0330 102 7517, Monday-Friday 8am-6pm and Saturday 9am-1pm.

It sounds like an emergency meter exchange was arranged for you, the engineers will try to get to you in 4 hours - however there are certain things outside of the engineers control that could affect this time frame. For example, if there's traffic on the roads or if other emergencies come up that need to be prioritised.

If your emergency meter exchange was booked out side of our normal hours, the time frame for an engineer visit is 24 hours.

As @mattj3135 mention, this isn't normal for us and we'd be happy to check if your eligible for a compensation payment. Just send us a message on Facebook or Twitter, you'll need to confirm your full name, DoB and full address.

If you don't use social media, just send our Customer Care team an email on hello@boostpower.co.uk.

Eva
View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
hi @coxonnn sorry to hear of the nightmare youve had, this really isnt normal for boost!

can i ask you please reach out to the boost customer care team via Facebook Twitter (private messaging); email or phone explain what you've said here and one of the lovely social media team can help aid getting this resolved asap for you.

Given the missed appointment the folks at customer care can arrange for the £30 compensation payment for the missed appointment is sent to you asap.

hope this is resolved for you soon!
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
*** UPDATED on 05/09/2019 ***

First things first, @coxonnn, if you're off supply you'll need to give our Customer Care team a call ASAP. They're available on 0330 102 7517, Monday-Friday 8am-6pm and Saturday 9am-1pm.

It sounds like an emergency meter exchange was arranged for you, the engineers will try to get to you in 4 hours - however there are certain things outside of the engineers control that could affect this time frame. For example, if there's traffic on the roads or if other emergencies come up that need to be prioritised.

If your emergency meter exchange was booked out side of our normal hours, the time frame for an engineer visit is 24 hours.

As @mattj3135 mention, this isn't normal for us and we'd be happy to check if your eligible for a compensation payment. Just send us a message on Facebook or Twitter, you'll need to confirm your full name, DoB and full address.

If you don't use social media, just send our Customer Care team an email on hello@boostpower.co.uk.

Eva
My engineer was meant to be here for a emergency meter exchange between 2 and 6 no engineer turned up my partner cancelled work to stay in waiting the worst thing is i have a 5mnth old son who because of the incompetence left us with no gas all night and no cooking facilities i am extremly angry with how as we are a priority when a situation like this occurs there is noone to contact to get this resolved after a certain time
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
This really isn't good to hear, @Zohra-zee. I'm sorry that our engineer didn't turn up for the apppointment. If you'd like us to look into what happened here, I'd recommend messaging the team on Facebook with your account number, full name and DoB.

If you're still off supply, it's important you call the team as soon as possible on 0330 102 7517. Our opening hours are:
8am-6pm Monday-Fridays
9am-1pm Saturdays

Thanks
Hi i have rang boost and spoke to someonw reguarding this the gas has now been sorted and i do not have facebook
Glad to hear this has been sorted for you @Zohra-zee
my meter stopped working last night and I couldn’t top up, so called this morning and was told an engineer would come between 12 and 3 as I have 2 autistic children. Called again at 4.15 and was put on hold for 20 minutes, then informed an engineer would be with me within an hour and a half, after this time had exceeded I called the customer number and you are closed! I am self employed and have had to cancel appointments that I had already rearranged from this morning and to add insult to injury, the £15 I topped up my card with will have to be claimed back!
its nearly 7 o clock and I don’t even know what time your engineers work until, so what am I meant to do? I am so angry
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi @Emrorad,

I hope this has been resolved for you now. If not, you can find more information above. If you're off supply you'll need to give our Customer Care team a call ASAP. They're available on 0330 102 7517, Monday-Friday 8am-6pm and Saturday 9am-1pm.

Thanks
My gas was disconnected on Saturday; I had no idea about the emergency credit cut-off situation, and didn't top-up in time.
I called up Boost at 8am this morning, and the man I spoke to assured me that someone would be out by 11am this morning to reconnect my home to the gas supply.
One hour late, and I'm still waiting! I've had no phone call to say they're running late and I cannot get through to anyone via phone. I had one email just after the first phone call confirming the appointment and that's it.

Can someone please tell me when/if I'm ever going to get this fixed?!
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Sorry to hear the engineer hasn't arrived yet, @Rize.

An engineer can be delayed for many reasons, the main one being traffic.

Rest assured an engineer will be with you soon, we'd be happy to see if we can get an ETA from them just reach out to us on Facebook with your name, DoB, full address and email.
I don't use FB or any other social media. I have an appointment this afternoon I need to keep or reschedule ASAP, and I don't know what to do as being able to cook and have access to hot water is also pivotal!
Currently on hold for 15minutes whilst someone 'finds out what is going on'. .. Not sure whether this is a step forward or not.
Userlevel 3
Badge
Hi again @Rize!

I'm hoping to hear that your appointment went ahead after yesterday's chase up?

Usually, if an appointment is missed/cancelled the engineer should contact you to let you know, and then plan to reschedule for the next working day around 8am!

Let me know how you got on!

Cheers,
Userlevel 1
I had a no show smart meter fitting again today, 5th time, no notice I am fuming
Userlevel 3
Badge
Hi @Jhill19,

I've moved your topic to this existing one as it basically answers what needs to be done with a missed appointment.

Please have a look at @Eva_Boost's best answer above and look at reaching out to us for possible compensation and re-booking an appointment.

Hope this gets sorted for you!

Cheers