Solved

I can't top up and I've used all of my Emergency Boost, what do I do?

I’ve run out of credit this morning. I didn’t get paid this week and don’t until next. I’ve used my emergency boost also. Is there any help you can offer? I have a small child and it’s not ideal for us to have to say out all weekend 🙈

icon

Best answer by Emily_Boost 12 July 2019, 11:41

Updated on 22/09/2020 - You can also send us a message to our Facebook or Twitter pages.

Hey @WeeezyF, If you've used all your emergency Boost credit, it'll be best to get in touch with our Customer Care team on 0330 102 7517, they'll be able to discuss this matter further with you if you're unable to top up, and support you as much as they can!

Thanks!

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Updated on 22/09/2020 - You can also send us a message to our Facebook or Twitter pages.

Hey @WeeezyF, If you've used all your emergency Boost credit, it'll be best to get in touch with our Customer Care team on 0330 102 7517, they'll be able to discuss this matter further with you if you're unable to top up, and support you as much as they can!

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

I called three times today and I've been on hold for nearly 2 hours in total.  All three times I got put through to a silent call I could just hear a bit of interference.  I can't top up at all and have 70p on my meter in emergency credit.  No payment card and shops won't let me top up just with the number.  No shop to do it close either.  I am working from home and I’m about to be disconnected!  The app doesn’t send the email to sign up.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Thanks for flagging this, @CMF 

I’d love a bit more info on your experience when calling in. This needs to work seamlessly, especially for someone in your situ. Can you let me know more info and what the latest is with getting a top up card?

If this isn’t sorted yet, and you still can’t call, you can also send us a message to our Facebook or Twitter pages.

Tim

Userlevel 1

Hi, a member of the form gave me the correct number for the Complaints Team (the one on the website is actually for the unreachable Customer Care Team).  I spoke to a very helpful gentleman who gave me some more Emergency Credit.  However, I have submitted a complaint as the meter was installed in what I was told was credit mode, then switched, without providing me with any means to top up, so leaving me with £5 emergency credit, no payment card, and no shop close to top up.  I din’t even know that I had been moved to Boost until I called Ovo to complain (several hours on hold also).  I work from home for the NHS and need my phone line free and internet.  I was in severe danger of being disconnected.   I was also disconnected without notice during the installation, preventing me from providing an NHS service during a pandemic.  Not a good experience.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@CMF thank you so much for sharing what really does sound like a bad experience trying to get through to us. 

I’m really not sure why the usual process of communicating your change to prepayment energy with Boost doesn’t seem to have been followed. Are you getting emails from Boost at all?

Good move getting that feedback raised correctly as a complaint. We’ll be able to deep dive into what happened and put things right!

Hi, a member of the form gave me the correct number for the Complaints Team (the one on the website is actually for the unreachable Customer Care Team).  I spoke to a very helpful gentleman who gave me some more Emergency Credit.  However, I have submitted a complaint as the meter was installed in what I was told was credit mode, then switched, without providing me with any means to top up, so leaving me with £5 emergency credit, no payment card, and no shop close to top up.  I din’t even know that I had been moved to Boost until I called Ovo to complain (several hours on hold also).  I work from home for the NHS and need my phone line free and internet.  I was in severe danger of being disconnected.   I was also disconnected without notice during the installation, preventing me from providing an NHS service during a pandemic.  Not a good experience.

can I have that number please I'm in the same situation 

I'm in the same situation help

Userlevel 2

Can you please share the number 

Userlevel 1

*edited by mod* phone lines are open Monday - Friday between 08:30 - 17:30

Am trying various numbers and emails and not getting through

feeling very anxious that apps aren’t working and the whole boost process is extremely complicated snd not user friendly in any way 

im registered with boost as a vulnerable and anxious person but still experiencing difficulties in resolving anything with them 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Please be advised that the number posted by @CMF is not our frontline Support team. I‘ve removed the number in that post, as anyone that calls it would’ve been transferred. 

Our contact number is: 0330 102 7517.

Call wait times are sadly around the hour mark currently. I’m so sorry to say this, but we’re doing all we can get to your call, and to get more helpers trained and ready to take calls. 

In the meantime, if you can benefit from this community’s Getting Extra Help and Support section, I’d recommend having a look.

Thanks for your patience during this busy time,
Tim 

Userlevel 1

Calls to Ovo are also put on hold for at least half an hour.  You can appreciate that, for somebody like myself, working from home on an essential NHS helpline, sitting waiting on a phone for several hours a day is not do-able.  For somebody at imminent risk of losing their supply, running down their phone battery is also a concern.

The number I posted was the only number I could get anyone to answer on.  The main number went silent on me after an hour of waiting - three times!  I appreciate that is not the main number but what are people expected to do when they are in an impossible situation?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Yep, very true, @CMF 

I have passed on every report of calls dropping, as this is just the worst thing to happen to someone who’s been on hold for a long time. 

It’s monitored and issues and causes on our end hunted down and fixed. I’m not sure why the calls dropped in your case though. 

We have also set up a method of escalating emergencies, picked up via social media. Facebook PM and Twitter DM is an option for you. 

Hope this helps,

Tim

Userlevel 1

Thank you.