Solved

I am a vunerable person - what can Boost do if I go off supply?

• 4 August 2019
  • 1 reply

A vunerable person who as had 3 strokes and gone blind as no electric or emergency electric. His payment card is not taking any payments and for some reason there is no help on sundays by phone. How can he get credit to his meter until a new card is sent. He is very distressed
icon

Best answer by Ed_Boost 5 August 2019, 17:24

Hi @DS Holland, I'm sorry to hear this.

You're quite right, the contact centre is only open 9-2 on a Saturday, and closed on Sundays, but we always have a member of the Social team on Facebook and Twitter that could help. If you haven't got this sorted yet, please call the Customer Care Team on 0330 102 7517 so they can get this sorted.

I'd recommend they have a look into the Priority Services Register (PSR), which allows our vulnerable customers to request for additional services that may help them with their energy supply.

Finally, I'd definitely recommend smart meters, as not only do they have a non-disconnect period over the weekend, they also make topping up much easier. You can get one booked in here.

Thanks,
Ed
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi @DS Holland, I'm sorry to hear this.

You're quite right, the contact centre is only open 9-2 on a Saturday, and closed on Sundays, but we always have a member of the Social team on Facebook and Twitter that could help. If you haven't got this sorted yet, please call the Customer Care Team on 0330 102 7517 so they can get this sorted.

I'd recommend they have a look into the Priority Services Register (PSR), which allows our vulnerable customers to request for additional services that may help them with their energy supply.

Finally, I'd definitely recommend smart meters, as not only do they have a non-disconnect period over the weekend, they also make topping up much easier. You can get one booked in here.

Thanks,
Ed