Solved

How to I get a refund after switching?

• 1 April 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi, im disabled and i have problems with my speech and memory so please bare with me.

I am moving to a different energy supplier and would like to know when, and how do i get a refund off my gas and electricity? 

I am using Pay and Go, A Smart meter Gas and Electricity, i had approximately £140, Aprox £70 Gas And £70 Electric, but i checked my smart meter yesterday and it says £0.00 on gas and electric. Please reply as i am stuck

icon

Best answer by Nancy_Boost 2 April 2020, 12:21

Updated 09/09/2020

Hi @haxdroid,

We’re here to help!

If you’ve switched to a new supplier, it can take 4 to 6 weeks from this date for us to fully close your account down and verify the final balance. This is due to an industry process called 'validation' which takes place between your new supplier and us.

Once this has been completed, we can issue a cheque refund of your remaining credit, which can take a further 2 weeks to arrive in the post.

If it’s been longer than 6 weeks, please get in touch so we can chase this up. Due to high contact volumes at the moment we’d advise against calling the team unless it’s an emergency. However, you can message us on Facebook or Twitter with your account number, (or address and post code), full name and DoB and we can look into this for you

Thanks,

Nancy

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Updated 09/09/2020

Hi @haxdroid,

We’re here to help!

If you’ve switched to a new supplier, it can take 4 to 6 weeks from this date for us to fully close your account down and verify the final balance. This is due to an industry process called 'validation' which takes place between your new supplier and us.

Once this has been completed, we can issue a cheque refund of your remaining credit, which can take a further 2 weeks to arrive in the post.

If it’s been longer than 6 weeks, please get in touch so we can chase this up. Due to high contact volumes at the moment we’d advise against calling the team unless it’s an emergency. However, you can message us on Facebook or Twitter with your account number, (or address and post code), full name and DoB and we can look into this for you

Thanks,

Nancy

I switched supplier and there was money on my smart meter. How do I get this refunded? Do I have to wait for you guys to do it, or do I need to call in and request it myself?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hey @neocore 

I moved your query to this existing topic as it provides the answer you’re looking for.

Check out @Nancy_Boost’s best answer above for the info you need.

All the best,

Hi

I switched supplier and there was money on my smart meter. How do I get this refunded? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @Deckster and thanks for posting.

The ‘best answer’ outlines this process. It confirms: