How do I check that the price I'm paying hasn't changed?

• 15 January 2018
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
The forum moderators can help with this!

Leave a comment below with your postcode, and we'll check when our prices last changed for that area.

If your unit prices and standing charges haven’t changed but you’re topping up lots, it's not because we are charging you more. It’s very likely that you are simply using more energy due to the time of year. The energy it takes to get your house up to the pre-set temperature increases when the temperature drops. Even boiling a kettle or heating up the oven will use more energy. This all adds up, and costs can spike.

Here's a great topic that helps explain this....

13 replies

Userlevel 2
I have topped up almost £190 in January which is more than the past few months has prices changed
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
I have topped up almost £190 in January which is more than the past few months has prices changed

Leave your postcode as a comment @Janeclark - we'll let you know when you last had a price increase.

Tim
Userlevel 2
XXXX XXX
So the last time there was a price change in your area, @Janeclark was 29/09/17. On this date the prices actually decreased and they've not been changed since.

Thanks,
Emma
Correction unit rates decreased slightly but standing charges went up quite a bit out - waying the unit rate decrease by almost double so in real terms the price went up NOT DOWN
wf5oee
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Hi @Sazzlebenny

So I can see your prices last changed back on the 29th September.

For Electricity
  • The standing charge stayed the same at £0.287 per day.
  • The unit rate dropped from £0.131 to £0.131 per kWh.
For Gas
  • The standing charge dropped £0.287 per day to £0.247.
  • The unit rate dropped from £0.033 to £0.031 per kWh.
(all including VAT)

Hope this helps,
Tim
Nr31 6jx
My heating IS NOT included in my electric as it is included in the rent and my top ups have increased by nearly £60 a month anyway! That can not be due to kettle working harder etc. surely!?!
Userlevel 2
The current prices in your area @Suemo10 are:

Electricity Unit Rate : 15.07p per kWh
Electricity Standing Charge: 30.41p per day
Gas Unit Rate : 3.72p per kWh
Gas Standing Charge: 28.55p per day

I'd advise to check with your landlord that the heating is included in your rent- just incase!
Userlevel 1
OK, so explain how my postcode BS30 9XP suddenly caused the cost of power shoot up simply due to changing suppliers?
Has ZERO to do with the weather or inflation.. Has EVERYTHING to do with RIP OFF!

I've lived in this one address for almost 10 years and Boost is costing me double what my old supplier cost me.. WTH?
Hi, just moved into a house as a tenant with a prepayment meter supplied by Boost.

My postcode is Ex349PJ
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi @tomsayshi

Prices in your area are currently:

Electricity Unit Rate : 15.93p per kWh
Electricity Standing Charge: 30.41p per day
Gas Unit Rate : 3.83p per kWh
Gas Standing Charge: 28.55p per day

Hope this helps!