Solved

How can I stop a switch away from Boost that I didn't request?

• 2 August 2018
  • 6 replies

**UPDATED on 16/07/2019**

I just recieved an email from boost suggesting that i have agreed to switch to a new supplier and theyre in process of switching me over. I can only imagine this in response to a phone call with utilita in which i specifically said i didnt want to swap supplier and they said they would send me a quote. I have no interest in changing having just had a hassle having switched and having organised new smart meters with boost after the phone call with utilita transpired. I dont want to switch supplier and have not agreed to do so, what am i supposed to do.
icon

Best answer by Tim_Boost 6 August 2018, 10:41

I just recieved an email from boost suggesting that i have agreed to switch to a new supplier and theyre in process of switching me over -what am i supposed to do.

@Simonjamesh I'll step in here to make sure this is sorted.

It does sound like another supplier is trying to take your supply. No matter the cause, it's easy to stop by going to that supplier and asking them to cancel the switch. As you haven't been sent anything from this mystery supplier, it likely that they think they're taking the supply of a neighbour (who did ask to join them) but got your supply details mixed up with theirs. Send us an message via Facebook or Twitter, or email us (hello@boostpower.co.uk) and we'll block the switch.
View original

6 replies

To clarify i have no correspodence from any other supplier confirming i have agreed to join them and this it the first i have heard about doing so. It is not something i wish to do.
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
I just recieved an email from boost suggesting that i have agreed to switch to a new supplier and theyre in process of switching me over -what am i supposed to do.

@Simonjamesh I'll step in here to make sure this is sorted.

It does sound like another supplier is trying to take your supply. No matter the cause, it's easy to stop by going to that supplier and asking them to cancel the switch. As you haven't been sent anything from this mystery supplier, it likely that they think they're taking the supply of a neighbour (who did ask to join them) but got your supply details mixed up with theirs. Send us an message via Facebook or Twitter, or email us (hello@boostpower.co.uk) and we'll block the switch.
I've got an e-mail from you yesterday and it says " We're sorry to hear you're leaving us." Really? I know nothing about that and didn't try to cancel you as a supplier so... could you explaint it to me? And we don't have a new supplier - are you trying to leave us without electricity?!!!
Its really hard to get through via phone call, so please try to solve it as we don't know what is going on. I've sent you e-mail about this issue and as a replay I've got info that you will get back to me within 3 - 5 days but you also told us "Don't try to top up with your OVO Energy/Boost payment card(s) from 08/02/2019 onwards, as they won't work after that" . So how we can wait 5 days for your response??

I was yestarday and today our account is inactive and we can't even top up or see the balance.
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hey @Renata - I've moved your post over here, more info on this above!

Hope this helps
I cancelled the switch to boost but still getting emails saying when my switch is happening. Why hasn't it been cancelled?
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi @Phil_owens - I've moved your post onto this topic. Check out Tim's answer above. You may still get a couple of automated emails after having cancelled the switch. If you are concerned, please get back in touch and we can check on this.