Help I’ve ran out of credit and I can’t top up!

• 4 September 2019
  • 1 reply
Help I’ve ran out of credit and I can’t top up!
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Don't sit in the dark!!

We all get caught short from time to time and it’s good to know that we are here on hand to offer some help. So if you’re ever in a position where you’re out of credit and have no means of topping up, fear not this handy guide will let you know what we can do to help!

PAYG+ (app based topping up) customers look here 👀
Once your credit has run out your smart meters will not disconnect, we offer a "non disconnect period". This period includes, over the weekend, or from 8pm-8am weekdays (10am on Monday) and bank holidays. This is our version of emergency credit. Once this period has been used we also have our Emergency Boost available, check out this awesome tutorial on how to activate the credit.

If you have used both of the above and are still in a position where you can not top up, please reach out to our team, they’ll be able to look into what we can do to offer further support.

**I’ll pop our contact details at the bottom of this post**

💳PAYG Standard (topping up with a card at a PayPoint only) customers here please! 👋

First and foremost you get £5 emergency credit per meter. When your emergency credit runs out, you won't go off supply during evenings, weekends or bank holidays, much like PAYG+ this is one of the great perks of having a smart meter. You can book an install here if you don’t have one.

After this credit has been used and the non disconnect period has run out, if you need further help please contact our team.

Customers with Traditional meters (Key and Card top ups at a PayPoint) you're here! 🙋
You also get £5 emergency credit per meter with this meter type. When your emergency credit runs out on your electricity meter, you won't go off supply during evenings, weekends or bank holidays.

Your gas will disconnect after the £5 emergency has been used.

If you need further help please contact our team. The details are below!

Send us a message to our Facebook or Twitter pages or give our friendly team a call. Our Customer Care number is: 0330 102 7517 - they're available Monday-Friday 8am-6pm and Saturday 9am-1pm. The team take emergency off supply calls between 6pm-8pm.