Solved

Help! How do I get new cards if I've moved house?

• 6 October 2018
  • 15 replies

I've moved into a new house today and have been using the old tenants pay as you go card. I rang to tell them I’ve moved in, they've now cancelled the cards and I've hardly got any gas. It’s going to run out soon and they’re hard to contact.

What am I supposed to do? It’s an absolute nightmare, can anybody help?

icon

Best answer by Nancy_Boost 10 October 2018, 18:22

Updated on 10/06/2020

Hi @Chigg25 - do let us know if you managed to get this sorted!

It's best to call us as soon as you get into the new property, so we can set up an account for you. So it's best to call ASAP to get this arranged: 0330 102 7517. They’re available 8am - 8pm Monday - Friday, or 9am - 1pm Saturdays.

More info on what to do when you move into a new property here.

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
did you manage to sort this?
Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Updated on 10/06/2020

Hi @Chigg25 - do let us know if you managed to get this sorted!

It's best to call us as soon as you get into the new property, so we can set up an account for you. So it's best to call ASAP to get this arranged: 0330 102 7517. They’re available 8am - 8pm Monday - Friday, or 9am - 1pm Saturdays.

More info on what to do when you move into a new property here.

Do I need to get a new card and device for the meters or can I keep using the ones that were left.
How do I go about getting the meters taken out
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Check out the best answer for more info on this, @Wrightscott.

We won't be able to remove the meters though, but if you've got traditional meters we can upgrade them to smart ones for free!

Eva

Hi i have moved into a new house with my young grandchild and we have no gas or electric i have been told by the seller the house is covered by boost but noone is answering the phones and i cannot topup the meters! Can anybody help?? I have been on hold again since 9am today and all yesterday too.

Really at a loss of what to do!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hey @Khussain - Sorry for the delay getting back to you. I've moved your post over here where you should find the info you need.
I moved into a new home and boost power is the provider I got told I need to go to the shop for a new gas card I've tried 22 shops with pay point and no one have any they told me they dont tend to stock them now as more people are online I dont have a smart meter and I have a 21 month old baby and we have been without gas for 5 days now
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Sorry to hear about your situation, @Paddyg87!

You'll find the information @Nancy_Boost has mentioned above lets you know the best way to get a new gas card.

Based on what you've said, it may be best to call us immediately if you're off supply so we can get you back on asap. Then, we can get a new gas card sent out to you in the post in the meantime.

Please let me know how you get on,
Bradley

I moved into a property last week and the supplier is Boost Power. I phoned them and am still waiting for the payment card to come through for the gas and electric. How do i register to use the app? I don’t want to be going to the shop all the time to use the codes or card when it eventually arrives. 

I have been with boost since mid September, & still don’t have access to the app or have a card.. I have to keep using the barcode they sent me in an email.. 😡

That is ridiculous! I would be looking at my options for switching if that happened to me. I’ll be giving them to the end of this week and that’s it!

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@iLanny and @Julie72 so sorry to learn about this. 

If it’s been more then 5 working days @iLanny I would recommend you chase up the card with our Support team, who can also check to make sure you are on Smart PAYG, and therefore should have login access: 0330 102 7517

@Julie72 I think the same applies to you. The app should be working for you, unless you’re on the older payment method and yet to be upgraded. Give us a call to get this checked.

Thanks @Tim_Boost! I gave them a call just now and was told that as I’m new the account hasn’t been configured yet so I can’t use the app until this happens. I asked how long this will take but the advisor wasn’t sure. Does this sound right? He did also say I could top up by calling which is handy if I can’t make it out to the shops to use the paypoint.

@Tim_Boost I have called numerous times, plus sent emails.. always the same reply.. they are not issuing cards at the moment and the app is under maintenance.. I mean it’s been over 2 months.?? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

As long as you have the card numbers allowing a top up, @Julie72 @iLanny then it’s OK to wait for that app configuration. BUT I’m sorry that I don’t know the time frames for this being set up. I was under the impression it should be available to everyone that’s been changed to this new system. 

To give yourself peace of mind on this, drop the Facebook team a message and wait under a day for their reply. Just make sure to include your full name, address, email address and date of birth so they can help straight away, and via a PM.