Solved

Has the cost increased I am struggling to keep up with my usage?

• 24 February 2018
  • 8 replies

Has the cost increased I am struggling to keep up with my use??
icon

Best answer by Aadil 26 February 2018, 13:23

Hi @Guineacat

Have you checked out this
https://forum.boostpower.co.uk/smart-payg-5/should-i-be-topping-up-more-during-winter-195

Might help with your issue. Let me know how you get on

😊
View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hi @Guineacat

Have you checked out this
https://forum.boostpower.co.uk/smart-payg-5/should-i-be-topping-up-more-during-winter-195

Might help with your issue. Let me know how you get on

😊
Userlevel 4
Have you got a smart meter? That will definitely be the problem the wifi thay use is close to microwaves ( damages healthy cells in your body) and thing with smart meter thay could change your rate instantly without you knowing through peek hours and I work away a lot and my usage is almost the same if I'm here or not ??? That's not right
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Have you got a smart meter? That will definitely be the problem the wifi thay use is close to microwaves ( damages healthy cells in your body) and thing with smart meter thay could change your rate instantly without you knowing through peek hours and I work away a lot and my usage is almost the same if I'm here or not ??? That's not right

If you're away and you don't change your thermostat etc then it'll be the same yes. I adjust mine when I'm out and my usage drops.

They can't change your charges without telling you first. Even without a smart Meter your charges could be changed without your knowledge if they so wanted. However, I stand by my first point, they don't and won't change without telling you first.

As for microwaves...Your Meter is putting out the same waves as a mobile. It only connects a few times a day, unlike your mobile which is always pinging the closest mast.
Userlevel 4
i know I installe microwaves radio transmitters offshore and think it's one 5th of a mobile phone or so that say but how long have we been using gprs/ wan/ wifi / microwaves?? What are the long term risks? do we know ?do you want to gamble with your children??????
Userlevel 4
Stop reading from a script and do so homework yourself
Userlevel 4
And when I go away I turn off every to minimize the fire risk and I've got a gas boiler so how's that going to effect my electricity usage and definitely not as much as me here doing a week worth of washing shouldn't be the same ??
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
And when I go away I turn off every to minimize the fire risk and I've got a gas boiler so how's that going to effect my electricity usage and definitely not as much as me here doing a week worth of washing shouldn't be the same ??

Well something is using your energy, be it gas or electricity while you're away my friend.

Unless you've got a lodger you don't know about it must be some item you've not switched off.

As for homework.....I'm good. I'm well read on the issues you mention.
Why am I using more than my plan stated when I signed up? Ok I'm using slightly less than I was with my old company but still more than the plan I agreed to? Can anyone help please