ErroneousTransfer FAQ

• 31 May 2019
  • 0 replies
ErroneousTransfer FAQ
Userlevel 3
Badge
Erroneous Transfer FAQ

What is an Erroneous Transfer?

An erroneous transfer is when a supplier has taken over the wrong supply, and sends you back to your previous supplier.

For example, when you sign up with us, we look up your address in a national database that all suppliers have access to. This database includes your current energy details (such as your meter type, your current/previous suppliers etc...)

Sometimes the details in the list are wrong, or bits are missing, especially if your property is a flat or a new build, and we may try to take over the wrong supply by mistake.

How long does it take to resolve?

In a perfect world, this issue is noticed early on in the process, when a customer is in the cooling off period and the switch can still be cancelled.

Of course this isn’t always the case, so for example if we’ve taken over the wrong supply, we’ll raise this to our dedicated E.T team. They then pass the details of the property to the previous supplier and start the process.

On average it usually takes about 12 weeks, but sometimes this can take longer, and be up to 18.

Due to the timescale of this, some customers prefer/find it quicker to remain with the new supplier for 4-6 weeks while the accounts are validated, and then request a fresh sign up back to us https://switch.boostpower.co.uk/get-quote .

What do I do if my property has been switched by mistake?

If you think your supply has been taken incorrectly, or you’ve cancelled the switch and it’s still gone ahead, you’ll need to contact the supplier directly.

You can also reach out to our Customer Care team to get the E.T process started.

• You can give us a call on 0330 102 7517, we’re available Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm and Saturdays 9am to 1pm.
  • Pop us an email at hello@boostpower.co.uk, we’ll aim to respond within 48 hours.
  • You can also private message the social team on Facebook here. Remember when messaging on social media, you’ll need to confirm your full name, DoB, account number and/or full address.
How can you take over my supply without my consent?

This can happen if the person signing up the property has signed up the incorrect address. Unfortunately this is an industry wide process, so it can happen to anyone.

Also, not everyone who switches away from their supplier will get in touch to let them know.

With our prepayment customers, you’re not in a fixed contract so we don't uphold any exit fees, therefore you’re free to switch at any point.

We wouldn't put a stop to a customers switch unless they asked us to, or if we have a reason, such as a large debt amount which would be an objection.

How do I pay for my energy?

During the E.T process, you don’t pay the “new” supplier, because you’re returning to your previous supplier. (We treat it as if the switch hasn’t happened).

However, when you return to your supplier you’ll need to pay them for the time since you “switched”. You’ll receive a bill for the usage you’ve used around 6 weeks after you’ve switched back to us.

We’d recommend you set your weekly top up amount aside or in a savings account to avoid paying off a debt upon your return.

We understand customers don’t always do this or are unaware of the situation. So a repayment rate can be arranged.

I have smart meters, what does credit mode mean?

When you switch to a new supplier, your smart meter should be automatically put into a credit mode, this means you‘ll have ongoing supply of gas and electricity.

How do I pay with Smart PAYG+ All Online?

If you had a Smart PAYG+ account with us, we’d recommend to continue to top this up, so that when you return we can deduct this off your outstanding balance. This will avoid you having to pay a debt amount.

Can I still top up with if my meters are Smart PAYG Standard?

Unfortunately, you won’t be able to continue to top up your meters, and they’ll stay in credit mode until your supply’s returned to us. In this scenario we’d encourage you to pop the money aside as advised above. Once you’ve returned to us, you’ll receive a statement with a breakdown of your usage, and a repayment rate will be offered to you.

I have a key/card meter, can I still top up with Boost?

With traditional key and card meters, you’ll be able to continue to top up with our key/cards. This ensures you’ll pay our rates and nothing will essentially change for you.

What happens in an emergency?

Even though we’re bringing your supply back to Boost, in an emergencysituation you’ll need to contact the new supplier, as they’re responsible for your meter.

An emergency situation might be that you’re off supply because your meter has a fault, you’re unable to top up and your key and/card has stopped working or has been misplaced.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!