F.A.Q.

Emergency on a weekend - what should I do?!

• 27 November 2019
  • 6 replies
Emergency on a weekend - what should I do?!
Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Updated on 02/03/2020

There may be a point over the weekend when you need some help, we want to make sure you're aware of where you can go in an emergency. We’ve split this list up for those who have traditional top up meters and those who have smart.

Traditional PAYG (Non-smart)

• Battery fail or an error code? Get help here
  • Lost your top up key or card? Get help here

Smart PAYG Standard

• Lost your top up cards? Check this out!
  • Meter not reconnecting? Have a look here

Smart PAYG+

• Meter not reconnecting? Have a look here

If you try these options, and none of them work, here are our contact details for the weekend:

Phone - 0330 102 7517 - available Saturday 9am - 5pm

Facebook - available Saturday and Sunday 9am - 5pm

Twitter - available Saturday and Sunday 9am - 5pm

6 replies

First time I used my new card my meter broke. This was on Friday 28/02 

rang customer service and they said they will send an engineer within the next 4 hours. No one turned up! Obv I can’t get through on a sat or Sunday I was left with no gas and 2 young children. I’m not on social media so couldn’t contact the Facebook page. My friend finally spoke to somebody on Facebook and they called me and sent an engineer round. He put 10 pound on for me emergency credit and told me to wait for my new card. It’s now Thursday 05/03 and I haven’t got my new card and I’ve ran out of emergency credit and once again off supply. So I called customer services who have no idea what I’m talking about, they ask me is it a smart meter! I have no idea what the difference is as my old one wasn’t a smart meter. They checked there side and said oh it’s not. Here’s a code take it to the shop and get a new card. I have now been to 5 shops and no one has the cards. I have no realised I have got a Smart meter because I googled it. 
I have been trying to call customer services now for over an hour with no luck why do I do now!!!!! 
I am freezing once again with 2 children due to boost and there incompetence!!

i asked for compensation as the engineer didn’t turn up Friday and I was offered 10 pound as I’m not on a smart meter! Don’t no how that makes sense but anyway I am on a smart meter and as stated in an email I’m entitled to 30 pound. 
I just don’t no what to do right now!!

How are customers supposed to get help if you can't call out of hours because they isn't an emergency number, I have no heating because my smart gas meter isn't working properly and causing my boiler to cut out after a minute every time I reset it, I've had a gas engineer out tonight to check everything, he has told me the meter was showing that it had no gas on when there is money on my account, it's absolutely freezing, I have my small children in my house, how am I supposed to keep the house warm or give them a bath when I have this problem, I've sent messages hours ago on your Facebook page like it's suggests as it's after hours and it's the weekend and nobody has answered me 

They still have not updated my email address on their system! Went to top up at the shop! Card is not accepting payment and electric is on a few pence its Sunday and offices are closed....what can I do??

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Sorry to hear about your situation, @Louize1987 @SJTN @Reens5 ,

I’ve moved your topic to this one to make sure you’re fully aware of the emergency support we offer over weekends at Boost.

If you had any appointment where the engineer failed to turn up, you may be entitled to £30 compensation. Just send the Boost team a message via their Facebook page here, or send a quick email to hello@boostpower.co.uk.

All the best,

My gas meter has stopped working I have no gas supply at all coming into my property. I have phoned the appropriate numbers and cannot get in touch with anyone. I have also phoned the emergency gas number and they have said as there is no leak they can't help. I cannot go another day without a gas supply as I have no way of cooking for myself without it 

Userlevel 5
Badge

@ptambling I’ve moved your topic over here, as it’s relevant. Have a look at Bradley’s article for further info!

Thanks,

Ed