Disconnected on the weekend - What can I do?

• 19 June 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Being disconnected from your gas and electricity is never a great experience, especially over the weekend!

Luckily, there are a few things in place to make sure that most traditional and smart meters do not get disconnected over the weekend, regardless of your balance!

For more information on this, check out this link.

Unfortunately, there are other things that can go wrong, which can cause your supply to be disconnected. You may find that a meter becomes faulty, but we have lots of info on what to do in these scenarios as well!

• Follow this link if you've got smart meters and you have a fault and see what you can do to get these fixed!
  • And check this link if you've got traditional meters for similar help.
During the weekend, our Boost Customer Care line is open between 9am - 1pm on 0330 1027517, so if you have a problem that needs fixing, pop our team a call. For the rest of the weekend our Social team is contactable between 9am - 5pm, Saturday and Sunday, via Facebook and Twitter if you need help.

4 replies

Hi there,it should never cut out or off over the weekend but it will switch of on the Monday about 9/10am tho..all power company do the same ,, the other options is top up the amount needed and it should switch on within half hour or go online and login to boost and there you can borrow from £5 to £30 and pay it back at 75p a day..again after give it half-hour and power should return...
For me am finding boost to be very expensive has they charge everyone a minimum spend of £23 aweek ,,this came as a shock as I've never gone through so much money since economy energy stopped trading an I was moved here,
Userlevel 4
Badge
Hey @Jason45 ,

Thanks for adding to the conversation! Some great little nuggets of info to add to my topic.

I'm sorry to hear you're finding us very expensive, our rates are higher than what Economy Energy were offering, however we aim to offer as competitive as possible rates to our customers as well as making sure we're able to maintain a sustainable business. Our prices are also kept within the government price caps.

Thanks,
I am currently using a traditional account for my gas and electric. My electric is on emergency at £1.85. Will that last tomorrow or will i be cut of because it's a weekend
Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi @Laurag94,

I've moved your question to this existing topic as I believe it will help you understand what happens with disconnection over the weekend.

Hope that helps,