Solved

Customers from Economy Energy - is anyone else experiencing loss of gas and electric supply?

Is anyone else experiencing loss of gas and electric supply? Ever since I got the supplier letter to change I’ve been going through my gas and electric like it’s going out of fashion.
icon

Best answer by Nancy_Boost 13 February 2019, 11:36

*Updated 30/07/2019 - All info up to date and accurate*

@Tinaz123 @NicoleGibson12 @Joannewods1 @Leanne27

With Boost we only have one tariff. This is variable, which means it can change depending on the wholesale cost of energy, but it also has no exit fees and no fixed term, which allows customers to switch freely. These prices will undoubtedly be slightly higher from those you were paying with Economy. We don't offer loss-leading tariffs, or undercut other suppliers as we believe in fair and transparent pricing. We also aim to be sustainable - we want to be able to provide energy for our customers long term, so our prices are reflective of wholesale costs. They're also compliant with the Government price cap.

More information about emergency credit with Boost Power here.
View original

12 replies

I was thinking about going to boost but I'm not so sure now ,how much standing charge is their for PAYG CUSTOMER
Userlevel 5
Badge
@Karen moreton, the best thing to do would be to get a quote here: https://switch.boostpower.co.uk/get-quote

This will show your standing charges as well as your unit rates, and all the other info you need!

Thanks,
Ed
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hey @Karen moreton did you check out the quote page @Ed_Boost sent over? If so, what did you think?

If you move onto our PAYG+ plan via the app, you can also benefit from our Winter Wallet, to help you save for winter. This also has a prize draw attached to it, so if you keep adding to it, even a few pence per day, you could win prizes every month!

Let us know if you have any other questions about Boost!

Darran
Hey I've had the same problem going through gas and electric put £20 on within 2 days
thats shocking! I’m thinking about leaving and going somewhere else as I can’t afford to top up every second day
I’m using so much electric lately, my meter can have 4 or 5 pounds left on it but the emergency beep comes on, I have to put the key in to activate the emergency electric and it gives me the £5 emergency and the other crest I already had just disappears!! I called eco energy on several occasions about this and they said it’s a fault in my home making the electric meter trip, never heard such rubbish in my life
I’m so glad I’m not the only one!! Emergency used to be £10 and now it’s £5. I’m definitely switching to another provider
Im the same cant cope dont no what tobdo make a complaint i going to got no choice i live me and son in a.4bedroom house only warm two rooms not get baths showers only.the first weekend.they tookover i got in dept for first time ever 38 gas and 22 eletric.inly for 2 days i though this was cheapests. Econ enery was brill the best ever does.anyone recommend anyone cheaper pleas help
Ih and i pay 50 pence back everyday over my dept plus the charge of meter everday aswell.does anyone no how much we are charged for pay and go meters daily i am i on dual fuelvaswell
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
*Updated 30/07/2019 - All info up to date and accurate*

@Tinaz123 @NicoleGibson12 @Joannewods1 @Leanne27

With Boost we only have one tariff. This is variable, which means it can change depending on the wholesale cost of energy, but it also has no exit fees and no fixed term, which allows customers to switch freely. These prices will undoubtedly be slightly higher from those you were paying with Economy. We don't offer loss-leading tariffs, or undercut other suppliers as we believe in fair and transparent pricing. We also aim to be sustainable - we want to be able to provide energy for our customers long term, so our prices are reflective of wholesale costs. They're also compliant with the Government price cap.

More information about emergency credit with Boost Power here.
Hi thanks for the reply the problem with my electric meter has been going on for months so well before boost took over my supply. For example I had to use £3 of the £5 emergency credit, I topped up £10 on my key yesterday and was only given £2 credit when I put the key in, I understand that there is a charge for using the emergency but surely not that much? I’ve had to put the emergency in again today and will have to top up another £10 tomorrow which means I will have used £20 electric in a few days
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
You're not charged to use your emergency credit, @Joannewods1. While you're in your emergency credit you're not charged the daily standing charge, so when you pay back the emergency credit you also pay the outstanding standing charge.

Have you thought about having a smart meter installed? You'll have better visibility of where your money is going, you'll also be able to top up from your phone. You can book an appointment here: https://smart.boostpower.co.uk/payg.

Eva