Solved

Application page for the Warm Home Discount says I can't apply as you don't supply my electric?

• 28 October 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

I am applying for whd but each time it says I can't due to the fact you don't supply my electric?

icon

Best answer by Ladyinlavender 4 November 2020, 00:38

Hi everyone. ) I'm a Boost customer.I  clicked on the link in the email from OVO that said exactly the same after entering my account no and postcode.  Ie that they didn't supply my electric. 

I went to BOOST site help and searched WARM HOME and followed a link to the Boost version of the form to apply.  Again it said they don't supply my electric. 

After reading other customers were the same I tried  entering my full 7 digit account number and my postcode in lower case with no space. DONT USE AUTO FILL.  It worked. ALSO don't use auto fill to complete the form. Manually enter your details. 

My application was sent and within 5 minutes I was approved for the grant via email. 

Hope this helps you if you like me searched for help. 

Stay safe and well x  

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 1

Why when I apply for whd it says I can't because you dont supply my electric?

Why when I apply for whd it says I can't because you dont supply my electric?

Me too.  I’ve tried to call them.  Waiting for my call back now “when I’m front of the queue” but I’ve been waiting over 30 minutes already, so hopefully hear something soon

Userlevel 1

I originally got this message when I entered my account number. I remembered last year it was just the last 4 digits so tried that and it worked. E.g account number OVO-0001234 I just entered 1234. Also on another post someone said they needed the space in the postcode.

Hope this helps x

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @Fionas @TonysMrs and thanks for posting,

It’s true that we can’t accept an application from someone who isn’t on supply with Boost for their electricity supply. 

If you are pretty sure you are on supply with us, I can think of two possible issues, but first, have a look at what @Whitcakes said above. I’ll copy it here:

I originally got this message when I entered my account number. I remembered last year it was just the last 4 digits so tried that and it worked. E.g account number OVO-0001234 I just entered 1234. Also on another post someone said they needed the space in the postcode.

Hope this helps x

If that doesn’t work, I can think of two other possibilities: 

1. Your supply was switched to anther supplier in error, called an Erroneous transfer
  2. There is a technical issue that makes our system think you have switched away. 

Get our Support team to check which of these, and come back to update us if you can: 0330 303 5063, or Facebook or Twitter

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Thanks for the tip, @Whitcakes!

Userlevel 1

I am having the same issue saying I dont have electricity account.. I have not changed suppliers or address? Recieved discount last year no problem so cant understand what is wrong? Any help greatly appreciated 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi everyone. ) I'm a Boost customer.I  clicked on the link in the email from OVO that said exactly the same after entering my account no and postcode.  Ie that they didn't supply my electric. 

I went to BOOST site help and searched WARM HOME and followed a link to the Boost version of the form to apply.  Again it said they don't supply my electric. 

After reading other customers were the same I tried  entering my full 7 digit account number and my postcode in lower case with no space. DONT USE AUTO FILL.  It worked. ALSO don't use auto fill to complete the form. Manually enter your details. 

My application was sent and within 5 minutes I was approved for the grant via email. 

Hope this helps you if you like me searched for help. 

Stay safe and well x  

Hi all ive also only got gas with boost been told no because dont supply electric tried lower case no spaces still got a no

Advice please

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Noh

If Boost really don't supply your electric then apply for the grant to the company that does. 

X