Solved

Why have I been moved from OVO to Boost?

• 5 February 2019
  • 1 reply

Hi

We were automatically changed to Boost from Ovo.
I received the letter telling me as of 25/01/2019 you would be supplying our energy and would get new "Keys" within 2 days of this date.
Its now 05/02 and still no sign of any keys and cannot get through via the phone even after 1.5 hour on hold.
This is not acceptable in my eyes can anyone please advise what is actually going on?
The letter also says I chose SMART PAYG-Economy 7, Does this need a smart meter which I dont have?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by Nancy_Boost 12 February 2019, 20:32

Sorry for the delay getting back to you, @mel109. We've been really busy in the last couple of weeks since Economy Energy collapsed and we inherited their customers.

This sounds like a unique situation, and to be honest I'm a bit confused myself! OVO Energy are our parent company and look after pay monthly customers. I'm unsure why they would move your account to us.

I think the best way to investigate further would be by calling the team on 0330 102 7517 between 8am and 6pm. Our wait times are back down to normal now - under 10 mins.

Cheers
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Sorry for the delay getting back to you, @mel109. We've been really busy in the last couple of weeks since Economy Energy collapsed and we inherited their customers.

This sounds like a unique situation, and to be honest I'm a bit confused myself! OVO Energy are our parent company and look after pay monthly customers. I'm unsure why they would move your account to us.

I think the best way to investigate further would be by calling the team on 0330 102 7517 between 8am and 6pm. Our wait times are back down to normal now - under 10 mins.

Cheers