Poor customer service after 1hr 45 minutes of waiting time

• 5 February 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
So I have topped up 267 pound since the beginning of jan up until now yesterday I topped up 15 pound to wake up this morning to -1:37 on my boost app I have been a customer with boost for a while now and never ever have I had gas and electric rates like this it’s disgusting I ring customer service the man on the phone needs an attitude check well I’ll put twenty quid on your meter but you’ll have to pay it back haha haha what a joke they are a rip off I am heavily pregnant and am due to drop any day hope to god my switch over to British Gas is fast because these are now a joke can’t even get in contact had to wait on the phone for 1hr and 45 mins to get in contact and was left without gas and electric the other day due to my reconnection codes not working and couldn’t get in contact with boost had to get the emergency gas company out and he manually reset all my gas for me after 8hrs of waiting for my supply do not switch to this company they rip you off and have no premise for customer care

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi @Hannah92 and @pivvy1967

We've been extremely busy recently due to the collapse of Economy Energy, and taking on their customers. This has meant we've been inundated with contact from these customers and it's pushed our call wait times and email response times up. I'm sorry you've been on the receiving end of this. It's not representative of our usual service, and everyone here has been working flat out to get back to everyone that needs our help. Our current wait time is under 5 minutes.

It's not unusual to spend more on your energy during the winter, your energy usage will naturally increase. You can find more information here.

If you're struggling with your energy costs please get in touch with the Centre for Sustainable Energy, they can offer energy efficiency advice and tips on saving money. You can call them on 0800 038 5688, or visit their website here: https://www.cse.org.uk/advice.

Thanks,
Nancy
Userlevel 1
I am having same problems with this company basically getting the brush off all the time my smart metre is actually running away with my money can't believe how much I am having to top up absolutely disgusting I was told I would recieve a phone call actually of one of the managers still waiting 1 week later even left my number on there answering machine as it was a 40 minute wait to speak to anyone ...