I've had a bad customer service experience on the phone

• 3 December 2019
  • 28 replies

Userlevel 1

I have had about enough of boost telephonists today not once but twice I was hung up on. After waiting over half an hour to get through I asked my question they put me on hold to find the answer and promptly hung up on me. I rang back and waited 20 minutes to ask the same question again to be told I don't understand I shall look into it then hung up I now have to wait until tomorrow to try and resolve my issue.

I think that the phone lines should be open until 8pm that way you can ring several times to try and get an answer.

28 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Best answer by Bradley_Boost

Updated 17/09/20 Please note the contact number for Customer Care is 0330 1027 517 and you can find our Complaints process here.

This isn't great to hear @nikkidec65!

It would be a good idea to get this experience fed back to the Boost team. You can reach them via their Facebook page here or raise your unhappiness the next time you phone in.

It’s worth noting that the Boost care lines are open between 8am - 8pm, Monday to Friday. So, you should be able to get in touch later in the evening.

Let us know how you get on,

Userlevel 1

i have been lied to several times on the phone by boost support telling my they switched / switching my property type to non domestic / residential apparently im registered as a business address and because of this i cant leave now i phoned up 2 times a month and a week ago was assured the changes were taking place in national database today i phoned up bingo the support said yes its updated so im like finally time to try my 3rd time switching (filling info in 3 times for another site is not fun) oh guess what rejected due to business address my meter is marked as type 00 / Business on the eco’s nation database but wait dint boost customer support just confirm they updated it apparently they lied...

Userlevel 1

Hi nikkidec65

I have  also had very bad customer service from this company. I found them to be very ignorant, I did manage to get through to someone who I found to be downright rude. I only had 1 questions to ask which I asked seven or eight times not once did she even acknowledge my question…

I've asked her why, for the first 4 months every time I topped up my meter after using the emergency, the met

Userlevel 1

ignore the previous statement above by me can’t delete it boost did infact switch me to residential it was just the new provider being weird applied again and it worked finally am leaving boost.

Userlevel 1

This F@#ing company just mugging me off all the time, grrr!

Surely it must be easier just answer the questions you're asked than it is to go about it the way you are?

Can't wait to leave and sign up with a genuine supplier.

Userlevel 1

I joined boost in 2017. Was told in October that my gas meter had never worked. I was told that you would come to an agreement as to how much I would need to pay back each week. There was never an agreement I was told by e mail I have to pay back £1 per day. Boosts energy prices are so high I can't afford to use the central heating. It is freezing cold and I have arthritis. I had a knee replacement earlier this year and having the other knee done in the near future yet I am sitting in the cold, freezing with my coat on in my home. I have phoned numerous times and nothing is resolved. I phoned twice today and while asking my questions the phone was put down. I want to know why I am listed as a non domestic user and why it cost me £85 in November when I was only at home for 14 days and on those days I had the central heating on for 3 hours a day for 4 days. 12 hours of heating in a month and 14 showers and a few hours of tv for £85. I should of stayed with British gas. I have now been waiting for my call back for the 3rd time. I want this resolved, I want to leave boost, I want to be put back to a domestic customer. Please sort this or I'm going to the ombudsman

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Not a great read @Smurf 

I’ve moved your comment here. You can find the contact information for Boost above, as it would be great for you to get this all fed back to the team. 

They should also be able to get your issues resolved,

Bradley 

Userlevel 1

I can totally sympathize with this post I rang the call center 4 times today and was put on hold for extended periods and hung up on 3 times once by a manager, I’ve been fed false information and I’m still no closer to resolving an issue that started 9 days ago, they’re beyond a joke.

Userlevel 1

yup they are clueless helpless and clearly dont follow regulations.

Userlevel 1

Constant problems and issues with phone operators , wrongly charged , promised a refund nothing ! Promised call backs nothing , being told different stuff by everyone on the phone , please can you follow up emails , and update national database !

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @Jaydene 

It’s not great to hear about your comments, but by moving your query here you can find the best way to get all of this fed back to the Boost team.

Thanks,

Bradley 

Userlevel 1

I joined boost in 2017. Was told in October that my gas meter had never worked. I was told that you would come to an agreement as to how much I would need to pay back each week. There was never an agreement I was told by e mail I have to pay back £1 per day. Boosts energy prices are so high I can't afford to use the central heating. It is freezing cold and I have arthritis. I had a knee replacement earlier this year and having the other knee done in the near future yet I am sitting in the cold, freezing with my coat on in my home. I have phoned numerous times and nothing is resolved. I phoned twice today and while asking my questions the phone was put down. I want to know why I am listed as a non domestic user and why it cost me £85 in November when I was only at home for 14 days and on those days I had the central heating on for 3 hours a day for 4 days. 12 hours of heating in a month and 14 showers and a few hours of tv for £85. I should of stayed with British gas. I have now been waiting for my call back for the 3rd time. I want this resolved, I want to leave boost, I want to be put back to a domestic customer. Please sort this or I'm going to the ombudsman

Ok 

I joined boost in 2017. Was told in October that my gas meter had never worked. I was told that you would come to an agreement as to how much I would need to pay back each week. There was never an agreement I was told by e mail I have to pay back £1 per day. Boosts energy prices are so high I can't afford to use the central heating. It is freezing cold and I have arthritis. I had a knee replacement earlier this year and having the other knee done in the near future yet I am sitting in the cold, freezing with my coat on in my home. I have phoned numerous times and nothing is resolved. I phoned twice today and while asking my questions the phone was put down. I want to know why I am listed as a non domestic user and why it cost me £85 in November when I was only at home for 14 days and on those days I had the central heating on for 3 hours a day for 4 days. 12 hours of heating in a month and 14 showers and a few hours of tv for £85. I should of stayed with British gas. I have now been waiting for my call back for the 3rd time. I want this resolved, I want to leave boost, I want to be put back to a domestic customer. Please sort this or I'm going to the ombudsman <<<<« me too !!!!!! This company needs shutting down ! All of them are clueless they don't care ! 

Userlevel 1

Update the national data base …. I can't leave this hell of a supplier because non of you can do the job properly ! Absolutely clueless ! Everyone tells lies …… read the reviews elsewhere !!!!! Quick enough to rob people !!! I say we all take this higher ! Promises mean nothing with boost/ovo !!!!

Userlevel 5
Badge

I’m realy sorry to hear this, @Jaydene, but I’m sure we can get this sorted for you.

You could call us on 0330 102 7517, we’re open 8am - 8pm Monday - Friday, and 9am - 1pm Saturday. Alternatively, you could drop an email to hello@boostpower.co.uk, we aim to respond to emails within 72 hours. If you’d prefer, you could also send us a message to our Facebook or Twitter pages.

Thanks,

Ed

Right. Lets get the background info out. This property has had Smart Meters Gen 1 for 5 years. In this house, lives a disabled woman who has had to have the home converted. The meters are now in the bedroom, and one of them is constantly screeching. After weeks of arguing, and video proof, eventually they agree to replace it and we get new Gen 2 meters for Electric and Gas. We’re told there will be no disruption to our services, and our App/online account will be connected and running withing 24 hours of fitting.

Ok. So 48 hours pass, no connection, and I call and get put on hold and then passed all around, and put on hold longer, and passed around again and then told. “Please give us 48 hours”

48 hours pass. I call again. I’m on hold again. Passed around. They confirm that I get Electric and Gas, but its just not connected to my account online, so I cant be billed, pay for it, see what I’m using… etc. I’m passed around some more. Told to wait 24 hours for it to be done.

Still not done. I call again. I hold and i’m passed around… continue this pattern for 6 days (didn’t call on a sunday… and Saturday was useless too, tbh). I call again, and this time I’m put in touch with someone called Amanda, who offers me £50 credit as good will, and GURANTEES it will be done in 48 hours because she’s part of escalations, and its urgent now.

48 hours pass, I call, I hold, I’m passed around. I ask to speak to Amanda, and mention what she said.  “There is no Amanda in escalations, she’s normal customer service and does not have the right to offer you £50 or raise this complaint to a higher level. I’ll get someone to call you within 24 hours”

Obviously, I’m annoyed, I was lied to by Amanda.

24 hours pass, big shock, no call. So I call back, it’s another Saturday, so no staff are in who can do anything. I’m told Monday, they will call.  Monday comes and goes, and I call them at 5pm, before the main staff leave. Again, I hold, I’m passed around… you know the drill.

I get in touch with another Escalations member, she confirms that Amanda IS from the escalations team, and can give me the goodwill money when my account connects… but she has no raised the complaint, or contacted connections to do it as emergency. But this new girl will riht now. Guarantees, again, that it will be done within 24-48 hours.

48 hours pass, nothing. I call wait hold...blah blah… I hold for 47 minutes, then the person I start to talk to says she will put me on hold, and accidentally hangs up. So I have to call again. This time I’m hold for a further 35 minutes, before speaking to someone who tells me he should do a  health check on the meters (something no one else EVER mentioned) which apparently should have been done right away.

He takes details, contacts connections teams, and tells me that there’s a problem and an engineer will be sent out on the 21st of January. It wont be sooner, because I have gas and electric connections so it’s not an emergency (There’s a disabled woman here, scared to use her gas, because of fears of a huge bill cropping up… as she has no idea how much shes using, and uses a smart PAYG service so she can budget accordingly. This is not helpful at all, so she’s getting incredibly anxious about this whole thing. This is explained repeatedly)

I’m told to just add money to my online account (which I can connect to, it’s just not connected to the meter) as if I was topping up my normal amount, and hopefully it will not be too much different from my real bill. I’m a bit concerned, because if they reset my account at connection, this money will vanish… We’re also entitled to the Winter Home discount thing, which I got an email telling me it has been added to the account, but it’s not there, nor on my meter according to the tech guy, so that’s vanished and will not be investigated until January when the engineer comes out. I’m annoyed, of course, but reluctantly agree to just ‘wait it out’ because it will be sorted by end of January.

Then yesterday I get a  message thanking me for my email (I never emailed them) and requesting an Engineer, however, they’ve cancelled my engineer because my meter is new and works perfectly… it will be connected to my online account within 24 hours.

Guess what hasn’t happened….

This service was fantastic when it was OVO, since it’s been boost, everything seems to have gotten worse, and this right now is just pathetic. Dealing with absolute cretins, who seem to have a guidebook in front of them for dealing with customers… a guide book that has one page, and one single line. “Sorry, please wait 24/48 hours.” oh, and also “Please hold”  My phone logs show, in all my calls in the last 3 weeks, my total hold time has been nearly 12 hours.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

That wasn't a great read, @psychoduck,

We don’t expect our customers to receive services like this and this certainly needs to be escalated.

Check out my info above to make sure this all gets correctly fed back to Boost.

Please let us know how the issue gets fixed,

Bradley

My meter was changed twenty days ago and I have still not received a new gas card.  For four days I had to choose either to heat my home or have hot water. An electrician came and put money on so I could have both. I have been assured time and time again that my card would be with me. They even sent out an emergency card that I never received after being told it would be here without fail today. I have phoned twelve times in fourteen days and nothing changed.

I am disabled and a vulnerable adult, I should not be without heat for four days as I had to choose hot water and couldn't have both.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

This wasn’t good to read, @Star brooke.

We’d be happy to look into this, send us a message to our Facebook or Twitter pages. you’ll need to confirm your name, DoB and full address.

If you don’t use social media call the team on 0330 102 7517, we’re open 8am - 8pm Monday - Friday, and 9am - 1pm Saturday. Alternatively, you could drop an email to hello@boostpower.co.uk.

Userlevel 1

I have had enough of this company! I’ve topped up £203 this month alone!! I was quoted £16 a week. I’ve been paying £180 a month. £120 in the summer. I was on holiday for a week and I had £30 when I left. Everything apart from the fridge was off by the plugs. I came home and we was in emergency credit! I rang up and complained m. They hung up on me each time. I finally got through and voice my complaint and he gave me a number for my case. Heard nothing back. I rang up and surprise surprise, the number didn’t exist and no record of my call! I have tonight, switched to bulb and I will be taking this matter higher and I will be getting back my money you have stolen from me!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @MartinBritnell - I’ve responded to your queries about this over here.

Userlevel 1

Yup, absolutely no support any more. What's worse is when you do eventually get through to a service centre staff member  they'll completely ignore everything you tell them too.

I have contacted boost via contact form twice last week, still no contact! What is with that 🤷🏻‍♀️

I took over the account but nothing has been emailed to me yet and previous account has been deactivated and we can't top up now. 

Userlevel 1

I’m having the exact same trouble, 30 minute phone call on hold for 15 minutes then told I’d be without anything until an email arrives. 2 days later I’m still waiting and I have no way of topping up, terrible service 

I rang up they said wont get disconnected and email will be sent with details to register the app to pay by smart meter.  But they should of sent email to explain procedure so I didn't panic when account was deactivated and credit was very low.

Poor service unfortunately.