Boost price changes - what you need to know!

• 5 March 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Updated 17/09/20

Boost prices will be changing on 1 October 2020 in line with Ofgem’s price cap. We give customers 30 days notice of this change so have already started contacting customers and will have let everyone know their new rates by 1st September. 

Across the energy industry, the wholesale costs of gas and electricity are increasing, and as a result the Government price cap has been raised.

We wanted to give you a heads up that as of the 1st April, our single rate and dual rate tariffs will be increasing in all regions of the UK by 9.3%. Standing charges are also increasing in all regions by a very small amount (4.4% for electricity and 1.2% for gas). We’ve kept any increases as low as we possibly can to keep our prices competitive.

To keep you informed, you’ll receive a letter or email confirming this before the end of next week. This will also confirm the new rates in your area, as they vary depending on region. Price changes will come into effect on the 1st April.

Even though we need to review our prices from time to time, don’t forget you’ll still have access to:
📞Award winning Customer Services
📱An easy to use app
🌳33% green electricity
👬Other great rewards like our Refer A Friend vouchers!

7 replies

is their any information about the price change
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
@Sarahgriffiths1994 - is this the information you're looking for?
Userlevel 1
Badge
Just got letter saying prices are going up will have to change provider again
trouble is we have to accept them because we have no choice we need electricity as an old age pensioner I worry so much about not being able to cope, I've cut everything down to a bare minimum and still find it difficult to manage.
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hey @annguadagno,

Sorry to hear we're not working out cheapest for you.

You can find lots of extra help and support with your energy costs on this section of the forum.

If Boost are proving too expensive for you, you're free to switch to another supplier. Our tariffs have no fixed term and no exit fees.

Hope this helps
My standing charged has increased yet again I have not received an email or any other communication regarding the increase it was only 50p daily it's gone up 3 times since and k ow at 61p daily that's a big increase over the course of the year
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
@Weegee00 I've moved your post here, please see the information above.

We have notified all of our customers regarding the price increase, the email may have gone into your "Junk" or "Spam" folders.

If you have not received any correspondence from us regarding this we may not hold the correct email for you, it might be worth giving our team a call on: 0330 102 7517 to ensure it is correct.

I hope this helps!