Solved

Why is "can't connect to my meter" shown on My Boost and the app?

Userlevel 1
**UPDATED on 16/07/2019**

icon

Best answer by Tim_Boost 12 March 2018, 15:53

Hi @stu n

This message will be displayed for the first 3 days of joining us, or the first 3 days of getting your meters fitted, whilst your PAYG+ account is set up.

If this message is showing at any other time, there might be a delay or issue with setting up your PAYG+ account. Reach out to us via Facebook, Twitter or email (hello@boostpower.co.uk) to get this checked.

Tim
View original

17 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Hi @stu n

This message will be displayed for the first 3 days of joining us, or the first 3 days of getting your meters fitted, whilst your PAYG+ account is set up.

If this message is showing at any other time, there might be a delay or issue with setting up your PAYG+ account. Reach out to us via Facebook, Twitter or email (hello@boostpower.co.uk) to get this checked.

Tim
I've just switched to boost from eon with smart.meters. the app is telling me it cannot connect to meter
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi @amyspeller thanks for posting.

It could be Be due to a couple of things - either you're still undergoing the onboarding process in which case the tech won't Be ready yet or the smart meters you have are not fully functional with boosts systems. The best way to check this would Be to reach out to the Boost customer care team either via social media, email or phone and enquire about this.
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
I've moved your topic over here @amyspeller as Tim has gone into a bit more detail about this above.

Lucy
Disappointed to say the least...
Meters fitted 4 days ago..endless phone calls to the boost team..was sent a email to respond to regarding meter info and pictures..can get some app info and daily credit amount shown..BUT WHY IS THE APP SHOWING .. CANT CONNECT TO METER ??.AFTER 4 DAYS!!!.SIGNAL IS STRONG AND CONFIRMED DURING THE 5TH PHONE CALL WAS TOLD MESSAGE WOULD DROP OFF?? WELL ITS NOT??..ALSO WASNT TOLD ABOUT THE 30.41 DAILY STANDING CHARGE ??
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Sorry to hear this, @chillipopz. I've moved your topic over here as Tim has gone into more detail about this. Check out the best answer at the top.

The standing charge would've been quoted, when you signed up to us. This would also have been noted in your welcome letter/email. More info here: https://forum.boostpower.co.uk/get-to-know-the-energy-industry-18/standing-charges-what-and-why-96.
Hi I had my meters upgraded on the 16th of July 2018, I was in credit, and was told to wait 48 hours then my account would be able to communicate with my meters, however, I have logged into my app and account online but that is as far as it goes, no menu to select from and then yesterday I get an email telling me my gas meter will disconnect, now I know there was eleven pound on my electric and my gas was on emergency credit, but there is no way I have used that much in such a short time, that as I know, the credit is now pooled so gas and electric draw from one account, so not happy with that it has taken so much, how?? Also, not able to get access to my account info, it seems I can log in and tell me that my installation has been completed but that's it!! What on earth is going on? I have never had so much aggravation with credit and supply in my life!!
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
I'd give the team a call. Doesn't sound right so hopefully just needs clarifying. They'll get you up and running. Let us know how you've got on
Got smart+ meter no signal , how smart is that so how do they know how much credit to take .????
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hey @Andyfuller - I've moved your post here where you should be able to find more information about this. If you have any further questions, please let us know!
my gas and electric payg+ smart meter installed 5days before. my online account still cant connect to my meter. i send email and i get answer they sendig my problem to the site working team.
i still using credit . how much credit is on the meter ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
thank you for posting @arpad sorry to learn of the issues. youll have to reach out to the boost customer care team for assistance with regards to your current balance. hopefully youre fully up an running soon.
Userlevel 1
Help please I can't connect to my meters for some reason I've only been paying standing charges
Userlevel 1
Can anyone tell me why this has happened??
My app isn't connected to my meter how do i solve this ??
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
hi @T1mmy365 thanks for posting! have you followed the advice above? it sounds like the meter isn't communicating with boost.

Send the team a message through social media or email the customer care team on hello@boostpower.co.uk
Can't connect to your meter
has been like This for weeks it is ducting but not updating I’ve logged out of the app deleted it restarted it rebooted my Wi-Fi many times and it’s still not working.
meter wifi light is active
Userlevel 4
Badge
@Ianware I've just moved your post over to here, as the info here should be able to help answer your question.

Thanks,
Ed