Solved

Why does the app say 'your electricity balance' when I have gas with them too?

**UPDATE on 16/07/2019 - this has now been resolved**

Boost app only shows electricity and not gas on main screen when im on a dual fuel scheme. Why?
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 14 June 2018, 11:57

Good question, @ivanred2010

This is a cosmetic issue on the app which our Tech team are aware of. Instead of saying 'your balance is...' for dual fuel customers, it says 'your electricity balance is...'.

The balance will be for your gas as well and you can double check this by going to the 'Usage' tab on your online account. Click on the 'Daily' tab and the a drop down for one of the days - you should see you've been charged for gas too.

Cheers,
Emma
View original

11 replies

Good question, @ivanred2010

This is a cosmetic issue on the app which our Tech team are aware of. Instead of saying 'your balance is...' for dual fuel customers, it says 'your electricity balance is...'.

The balance will be for your gas as well and you can double check this by going to the 'Usage' tab on your online account. Click on the 'Daily' tab and the a drop down for one of the days - you should see you've been charged for gas too.

Cheers,
Emma
Userlevel 1
Boost supply both my gas and electricity. When i log onto the app or the website it is only giving me the balance for my electric and nothing for the gas.
The gas still works but I'm worried now I'm going to get a big bill for it.
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
@Smeg88 check out the chat above - when you say the balance, are you looking at the Usage section as well, or is it just the labeling issue described above? If there's no gas costs showing up, email us to check this: hello@boostpower.co.uk
Userlevel 1
I have actually rang them now and sorted it. There is an issue with our gas meter that will be sorted when we get new meters soon.
Thank you for the reply though x
Userlevel 1
I've got the same issue. On the app my usage is showing electric only and not gas, so I have no idea how much gas I'm using, or the cost.

I have emailed Boost but no response yet. I don't really wanna phone because I had to phone four times just to get my online account working. Anyway Boost is supposed to be "hassle free energy" ...
Do you use social media @Black Scorpion ? If you're unable to call, you can always drop us a PM on Facebook or Twitter. Our Social team will be happy to help!
Been an OVO then Boost customer for over 2 years and all has been well, but just checked my app and web account is not showing the Gas account or usage since the 29th December, cant get through to customer services .... is it a fault ?
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Been an OVO then Boost customer for over 2 years and all has been well, but just checked my app and web account is not showing the Gas account or usage since the 29th December, cant get through to customer services .... is it a fault ?

Might be a signal issue with the gas meter, @Woody

Press a button on the gas meter and look at the screen. If the HAN word is not flashing, there's a signal issue. Email us to confirm: hello@boostpower.co.uk

hi my gas is not on my boost app how do i rectify that so i can have have both eletric and gas together

Userlevel 4
Badge

@miss martin I’ve moved your message over here, as a lot of the answers here are helpful!

I’d check the usage to see if gas is showing, and if not, get in touch with us so we can sort this out for you!

thankyou for replying .i have electric on my boost app but gas is not how can i get my gas pit on my boost app