Solved

Why does my Boost App show I don't have smart meters?

• 24 August 2019
  • 1 reply

Basically. My boost app keeps saying that i dont have smart meters installed but i actually do. So therefore wont let me use the app to top up and i cant find my top up card. Somebody help please ๐Ÿ˜‚
icon

Best answer by Ed_Boost 27 August 2019, 11:04

Hi @Laurajade91, welcome to the forum!

If your app is saying "can't connect to meters", this is because we don't have signal to the meters right now. This happens in the first 3 days of switching over, in the first 6 weeks of having a smart meter fitted, or it can just happen if the signal dips. There's a forum post about this here.

If you're unable to get onto the app at all, then it's most likely that you aren't set up for PAYG+. If this is the case, I'd have a read of the differences between PAYG+ and Pay As You Go Standard, and get in touch with us to confirm what you'd like to do! You can send us an email to hello@boostpower.co.uk, or send us a message to our Facebook or Twitter pages.

Thanks,
Ed
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi @Laurajade91, welcome to the forum!

If your app is saying "can't connect to meters", this is because we don't have signal to the meters right now. This happens in the first 3 days of switching over, in the first 6 weeks of having a smart meter fitted, or it can just happen if the signal dips. There's a forum post about this here.

If you're unable to get onto the app at all, then it's most likely that you aren't set up for PAYG+. If this is the case, I'd have a read of the differences between PAYG+ and Pay As You Go Standard, and get in touch with us to confirm what you'd like to do! You can send us an email to hello@boostpower.co.uk, or send us a message to our Facebook or Twitter pages.

Thanks,
Ed