Solved

Why are the phone wait times so long?

• 29 July 2019
  • 6 replies

How else are you meant to contact Boost in an Emergency?? Been on the phone for 4 hours, 4 HOURS!! trying to get a code for a key, now I can't make a proper meal or anything for my kids because my electric is now dead and I have no key to get my top up. What a joke it's been since they made us switch!
icon

Best answer by Ed_Boost 30 July 2019, 11:00

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Such a pain, really sorry to hear, @JackFate.

As it’s a new tariff, we need verbal confirmation, so digital channels like Facebook or Twitter won’t be appropriate. A call is needed, but our wait times are much better now: 0330 102 7517 (0117 370 1041 from a mobile).

Make the most of that call back feature to save you having to wait on hold perhaps? 

We did see longer then usual wait times yesterday as lots of people called in after a weekend (although we’re now open to calls 7 days a week to try and avoid this). We do offer a call back feature to save you having to hang around on hold. 

Moving into a Boost supplied property means we need to create an account for this client, @ace630 - it’s not something that can be done online. Make sure you have this person on hand to give their consent to the tariff, or that you’re happy for the account to be set up in your name when you call. More info in this guide, here.

With the greatest of respect Tim the wait times were like that on Friday too.

So the update is I arranged a callback for my client and it never came. Could you advise what can be done?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @JackFate @ace630 - so sorry to hear about these long phone wait times, and your experiences yesterday.

We did see longer then usual wait times yesterday as lots of people called in after a weekend (although we’re now open to calls 7 days a week to try and avoid this). We do offer a call back feature to save you having to hang around on hold. 

Moving into a Boost supplied property means we need to create an account for this client, @JackFate - it’s not something that can be done online. Make sure you have this person on hand to give their consent to the tariff, or that you’re happy for the account to be set up in your name when you call. More info in this guide, here.

@ace630 I’m so sorry to hear you were off supply and had issues getting through. Was there an issue topping up? If you share the details of what happened when you topped up or why you can’t, someone here might be able to advise and offer some help. But yes the best way to get emergency support is using our number: 0330 102 7517 (0117 370 1041 from a mobile). For any on emergency contact, we also have our Facebook or Twitter pages.

I’ve been on hold for over 2 hours and finally get through to someone who has a bad signal on their end and just end up hanging up on me. I have no power or gas currently so what am I expected to do when I call an emergency help line when you are put on hold for over 2 hours!!!!!

Edit: Tried again and another 2 hours on the phone and still no resolution. I expect something to be done about this. No gas or electric is ridiculous and this company shouldn’t’t be allowed to operate with this poor customer service. No answers on the phones and no answer on here when its mean to be an emergency!!!!!

Hi everyone. Hope someone can help me. I work for a veterans charity and am supporting a vulnerable client who is moving into a property which is supplied by Boost smart meters (electric & gas)

I have consent and trying to contact boost to arrange for his account to be setup. However its absolutely unbearable wait times on the number.

Can anyone suggest anything how this can be done?

Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi @NickDempsey, I'm really sorry to hear you were on hold for so long.

Whilst Monday is always our busiest day of the week (especially around 10am, when the smart meters that ran out of credit over the weekend are disconnected), it isn't normally a 4 hour wait to get through to an adviser.

I'd make sure you're calling 0330 102 7517, as this is our official number, or alternatively, you could contact us via our Facebook or Twitter pages.

Thanks,
Ed