Warm Home Discount 2018 application closed!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

439dd546-ab41-4619-b01f-42932814e7b5.jpg

Updated 14/05/2020 - For all things Warm Home Discount check out our Warm Home Discount FAQ here! All updates on future application release dates will be confirmed here.

You’re now able to apply for this winter’s Warm Home Discount, if you don’t qualify to receive it automatically. We’ve recapped on how it works below:

Core Group: if you receive the Guaranteed element of Pension Credit, you don’t need to apply! You’ll be paid the discount from whoever your supplier was on the 8th July 2018. The Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) will get in touch to confirm this. You can call them if you haven’t had a letter from them by the end of November: 0800 917 1003.

Broader Group: if you don’t receive the Guaranteed element of Pension Credit, you can apply to get the payment here. Info on eligibility is on that page, on the application form itself, and from the Citizens Advice

Make sure to look out for a confirmation email after you’ve applied. No email, you haven’t applied correctly, so make sure to do it again (don’t worry if you need to apply more than once due to an error, this won’t affect your application). We’ll then let you know if the application’s been approved within 5 working days. If you haven’t heard within 5 working days, then you can apply again or pop our Customer Care team a call to chase up the application process. Please note that eligible applicants are approved on a first come first served basis, so don’t delay!

This topic has been closed for comments

212 replies

Userlevel 2
No crafty in it
Userlevel 3
Their truing to fob everybody off till march by the looks of it id had the payment by this time last yearNo crafty in it
I know they never sent me it obviously I would have sent it straight away
Userlevel 4
Badge
Well my 6 weeks is due tomorrow it said on the email 6 weeks I know it can take up til March but it don't state that on the acceptance email. So hoping it's on by then
Userlevel 3
Well my 6 weeks is due tomorrow it said on the email 6 weeks I know it can take up til March but it don't state that on the acceptance email. So hoping it's on by then
Hope you get it.. but don't hold your breath
Hi everyone - we're on track to get the payment to successful customers by the 6 week time frame. Although the deadline set by Ofgem is the end of March 2019 - we're aiming to get the payment to customers 6 weeks after they received their acceptance email.
Userlevel 3
Hi everyone - we're on track to get the payment to successful customers by the 6 week time frame. Although the deadline set by Ofgem is the end of March 2019 - we're aiming to get the payment to customers 6 weeks after they received their acceptance email.
Rreally cos so far doesn't ring true does it.
Userlevel 2
Mine was accepted 6 weeks and a day ago so your behind with the applications not on track false info again
Userlevel 2
have inboxed you emily
Userlevel 2
Theirlike a well trained robot fairplay
Userlevel 4
Badge
18th october
Good new! You’re getting £140 credit this winter Hi Sarah, Congrats - your application for Warm Home Discount was successful.

As a reminder, the Warm Home Discount is a government-run scheme that provides one-off payments of £140 to help customers keep warm over winter. What happens next? We’ll add the £140 credit to your meter within 6 weeks of this letter. We’ll let you know when it’s happened.

For info on how to reduce your bills even further this winter, see our energy efficiency tips. Have a warm winter.

Thanks,
The Boost Team

it states within 6 weeks, so hoping tomorrow its in 🙏
Userlevel 2
@Emily_Boost 6 weeks after?? It says on the acceptance email within 6 weeks of the date of the email
Userlevel 4
Badge
@Emily_Boost 6 weeks after?? It says on the acceptance email within 6 weeks of the date of the email

Thats the same thing lol
Userlevel 2
😄😄 it says within 6 weeks not after 6 weeks 😁
Userlevel 4
Badge
Within -inside the time of 6 weeks of the acceptance email
After - 6 weeks after the acceptance email
Same time frame same thing 😜 😂

I know what i mean anyways lolol
Userlevel 2
Well still nothing sort it out 6 weeks and a day i applied false info being given out

Userlevel 2
Lol 😛😛
Userlevel 3
18th october
Good new! You’re getting £140 credit this winter Hi Sarah, Congrats - your application for Warm Home Discount was successful.

As a reminder, the Warm Home Discount is a government-run scheme that provides one-off payments of £140 to help customers keep warm over winter. What happens next? We’ll add the £140 credit to your meter within 6 weeks of this letter. We’ll let you know when it’s happened.

For info on how to reduce your bills even further this winter, see our energy efficiency tips. Have a warm winter.

Thanks,
The Boost Team

it states within 6 weeks, so hoping tomorrow its in 🙏

Thats the exact message I got then to be told to day mine needs validating is disgusting!! Defoe missed the 6 weeks here!!
Userlevel 1
Applied for warm home discount 18 th Oct got email saying I’m getting it within 6 weeks 6 weeks is up tomorrow and havnt recieved it? Why? Has anyone recieved there’s yet?
Userlevel 3

@Emily_Boost 6 weeks after?? It says on the acceptance email within 6 weeks of the date of the emailThats the same thing lol

Not sure it is after 6 weeks could be 6 weeks and a day or 6 months! I know where id put my money!! Lol
Userlevel 2
Their like not very well trained robots they havent got a clue
Userlevel 4
Badge
I had no issues when i applied last year through OVO

Not sure why your being asked for proof keeamy they accepted it already. Sounds like something has gone wrong their end, they shouldnt accept if they want proof
When do I get it having waited the six weeks after being told I got it
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi dawn I'm in the same position as you government guidelines stipulate payments to be made by March at the latest but sources tell me this should come to fruition in the next couple of weeks
Hope this helps
Kindest regards
Sophie xx
Userlevel 1
Ive had mine every single year since it started ovo put it on my meter this time last year had the same email congatulations on your successful application when I phoned them today they said it had been declined so don't no what's going on also can't believe how much my electricity has gone up anyone else having same problems ...
Userlevel 2
@pivvy1967 I have not been on boost for long but in the time I have been on it I have noticed that I have put more on than I did with my previous supplier