Warm Home Discount 2018 application closed!

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

212 replies

Userlevel 3
Hi @keeamy - the payment will be made within 6 weeks of receiving your confirmation letter/email.
S are you actually waiting til the last day possible to pay?
Userlevel 3
How do you get in touch with the warm home discount team as it seems no 1 knows whats going on not happy at all and thinking bout leaving boost i applied the day it opened should of had a response by now is this a con
I had my confirmation 5 weeks ago so they have a week to pay when they say they will. Other people in other companies are paid and done...come on boost!! . It'll be no use by March!! The point is to help us during the cold weather well dunno about you but I'd say it's pretty cold esp of a night now.
Userlevel 3

How do you get in touch with the warm home discount team as it seems no 1 knows whats going on not happy at all and thinking bout leaving boost i applied the day it opened should of had a response by now is this a conI had my confirmation 5 weeks ago so they have a week to pay when they say they will. Other people in other companies are paid and done...come on boost!! . It'll be no use by March!! The point is to help us during the cold weather well dunno about you but I'd say it's pretty cold esp of a night now.

THey should reply on here
Userlevel 3
You say it will be added then add in the ofgem thing as if it changes that you say WILL and not should or we hope to.
Userlevel 3
I just don't see how it's so difficult for them to make a payment when I've been accepted for mine....plenty of other companies have already started paying how long is it since the applications opened?
Userlevel 3
Ihe so ridiculous hope you get it sorted
Userlevel 3
was accepted for the warm home discount on the 18th of october,i know they said within 6 weeks of that but are you going to take it to the 6th week exactly? has anyone been credited yet?
My thoughts exactly!! Getting so cold now limiting how much heating we use is not good with a two year old!! Sitting in my coat so I don't have to put it on! Sort it out boost! It's a disgrace late to open application compared to others and take ages to pay. Haven't heard of anyone being paid at all. Wouldn't be surprised if it was February the way it's going!
Userlevel 3
Ñ

I applied online and didn't get an email either. I DM'd them on twitter and had it confirmed that it had been accepted.

Im checking the app daily hoping to see it green one morning for a change!
I know that feeling all too well!!

My 6 weeks is up 29th im also checking daily, eagerly waiting for it! 🙈

Well they opened 6 weeks ago so wonder if anybody has had there's credited yet or are we literally going to the wire with it. This is the worst company I've seen for the whd
Userlevel 3
apparently within 6weeks of being accepted which means they're taking it to the wire they have 2 days for mine!although ofgem say by March 2019. So dont get your hopes up.
Userlevel 3
One day to go....cutting it fine for 6weeks boost!!
Userlevel 3
Jone another tenner on the meter today!!
Userlevel 3
Im disgusted rang just now to find that they want validation of my benefit....if theyd asked theyd of had it on the day they asked. Just a ploy to get out of paying cos if I hadn't of rang I'd be waiting and hoping non the wiser until March and wouldn't have got it! They sent me an email accepting my application nothing else!!unbelievable I'll be switching in the new year as now I have to wait another 2 to 4 weeks ridiculous
Userlevel 3
Amanda I'd ring them and check I didn't know wasn't told anything until I rang before
Userlevel 3
I rang them and was told after a week of applying as had not heard anything
So they never told you in an email?
Userlevel 3
Their truing to fob everybody off till march by the looks of it id had the payment by this time last yearNo crafty in it
I know they never sent me it obviously I would have sent it straight away
Userlevel 3
18th october
Good new! You’re getting £140 credit this winter Hi Sarah, Congrats - your application for Warm Home Discount was successful.

As a reminder, the Warm Home Discount is a government-run scheme that provides one-off payments of £140 to help customers keep warm over winter. What happens next? We’ll add the £140 credit to your meter within 6 weeks of this letter. We’ll let you know when it’s happened.

For info on how to reduce your bills even further this winter, see our energy efficiency tips. Have a warm winter.

Thanks,
The Boost Team

it states within 6 weeks, so hoping tomorrow its in 🙏

Thats the exact message I got then to be told to day mine needs validating is disgusting!! Defoe missed the 6 weeks here!!
When do the payments start rolling out
I'm still waiting for mine and been told so payments have gone out!
Userlevel 3

@Emily_Boost 6 weeks after?? It says on the acceptance email within 6 weeks of the date of the emailThats the same thing lol

Not sure it is after 6 weeks could be 6 weeks and a day or 6 months! I know where id put my money!! Lol
Userlevel 3
What happens next? We’ll add the £140 credit to your meter within 6 weeks of this letter. We’ll let you know when it’s happened
Userlevel 1
Badge
Ive just applied for the WHD i would like it to go on my gas account so do i have to put the gas account number rather than the electric account number on the application form?
Thank you
Userlevel 1
Badge
I put the electricity account number on the form and it is a different number from my gas account (which ive asked for the WHD to be applied to ) why have i 2 seperate account numbers then if i should only have 1? Both accounts are pre-payment. I still havent heard back yet.
Thank you
Gerard Mcandrew
do i include my daughters earnings when answering the question about household income as i receive the enhanced rate of mobility for pip
Where do I find my account number to apply for the warm home discount?
Tried multiple times to enter my postcode and account number into register and it keeps telling me its invalid!! Any help please?
Hi I applied for the warm winter discount 16th Oct. I received a confirmation email but haven't yet received an email to say if I was successful or not.
Do I need to reapply?
Thanks